Question about Swiss Pass validation

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 August 2015 at 3:46:03 #807731

I have a 4 day Swiss Travel pass and am leaving Milan on 8/21. I purchased a ticket to Domodossola as suggested. We are going to Zermatt. My question is will the ticket office in Milan validate our pass, or do I do it in Switzerland and if so where? Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 August 2015 at 9:15:32 #845194

I too have a similar question for this forum.

I shall be arriving at Basel Euro airport from Amsterdam and thereafter plan to travel by train to Lucerne. I understand I shall have to first board a bus from airport to Basel SBB Bahnhof and then walk across to Basel SBB to catch a train to Lucerne.

I wish to know whether it is possible to validate my Swiss Travel Pass at Basel Euro Airport to enable me to begin utilizing my pass for my onward travels including the bus ride.

Thanks in advance.

Arno
    15471 posts
    11 August 2015 at 14:41:44 #845195

Hi gnapes and akayess,

Whether your pass needs to be validated by rail staff depends on where you purchased your pass. It is explained on myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ howtouse. Now, if you need to do so you can ask the conductor of a train bound for Switzerland (gnapes). Do ask before you reach the border. Or you can go to the SBB office of the airport and have it done there (akayess). At Basel airport you’ll find it at level 2 (Arrivals) near the baggage claim area.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 August 2015 at 5:11:23 #845196

Thanks a lot Arno for the information.

• The thread ‘Question about Swiss Pass validation’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.