Questions about Mountain Titlis

Questions about Mountain Titlis

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
huikei
huikei
2 posts
Aug 4, 2011 - 5:18 AM
Hi,

Would like to ask few questions about Mt. Titlis.

1. We have Eurail Global Pass. Would like to know the ticket price from Engelberg to Mt. Titlis. Is is 50% discount for Eurail Global Pass holder?

2. Wondering how to get to Engelberg from Lucerne? Any specific train to get over there? How much does the rail ticket cost? Can we use Eurail Global Pass to get over there?

3. Would like to know is there any coldwear or boots rental available at Mountain Titlis?

Thank you so much and have a nice day !

Warm Regards,
HuiKei
wartono
wartono
14 posts
Aug 4, 2011 - 11:02 AM
The ticket for Engelberg to Lucern only CHF16.
Please visit to check the train schedule, they have every hour.
The link is http://www.sbb.ch/en/home.html

I don't think you need coldwear during this Summer, perhaps only on Winter time.
Last year I went there and we just wearing sport shoes and T-shirt.
but ... carry a jacket if you want to visit the ice cave.
Happy holiday ....
Arno
Arno
7313 posts
expert &
Aug 4, 2011 - 4:05 PM
Hi huikei,

I agree with wartono that special clothing is not necessary in summer time (assuming a regular visit without extreme sports). Just bring a couple of layers of clothing and good (hiking) shoes for the snow.

Details about the Eurail Global Pass are here, including a map showing exactly what's covered.

Please check this topic about renting as well.
huikei
huikei
2 posts
Aug 4, 2011 - 7:23 PM
Thank you so much Wartono and Arno for the feedbacks above. Appreciated it much. It helps me a lot in planning Switzerland's trip. Once again, Thank you guys!

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016