Does ticket to Jungfraujoch include everything?

• tritia
    Participant
    9 posts
    16 May 2017 at 6:12:28 #811835

Hello

I will be staying in Wengen and want to go up to Jungfrau on June 2nd. I have bought Swiss Travel Pass. My questions are:

1. Do I still need to buy the Wengen-Kleine Scheidegg ticket? I thought it would be free if I have Swiss Travel Pass, am I right or wrong? Can I buy the ticket to Jungfrau in Kleine Scheidegg station?

2. I saw in Happy Rail that the ticket from Wengen to Jungfrau cost 148 Euro with Swiss Travel Pass. Does this ticket include EVERYTHING up in Jungfrau? Or just the train ticket to go up there? I am quite confused.

Please help.

Regards

Tritia

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2017 at 7:13:19 #863378

Hi Tritia,

Yes, you still have to buy a ticket from Wengen or from Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch. You get a 25% discount on this price as a Swiss Travel Pass holder.

Once you have arrived at the top you don’t pay to ‘enter’ Jungfraujoch but there are some activities up there that cost money to use (renting gear for snow activities for example). But if you are going up for the views and some hiking there will be no extra costs.

Lucas

tritia
    Participant
    9 posts
    17 May 2017 at 8:06:24 #863379

I have been browsing about the train ticket to Jungfrau. Can I get it in the train station? I am afraid it will sell out on the D day. I tried to buy it online in Happy Rail for 148 Euro (I do not know whether the Happy Rail has given the discount or not for that price). But I see in SBB.ch that train from Wengen to Jungfrau is only 44 CHF. What is the difference?

Arno
    15483 posts
    17 May 2017 at 9:31:42 #863380

Hi Tritia,

You can read about how to buy tickets here: myswissalps.com/jungfr aujoch/tickets. The first price you found is the correct price for a return ticket with the discount for Swiss Travel Pass holders included. The other price is not correct and is probably for a single trip only, and for Swiss Half Fare Card holders.

tritia
    Participant
    9 posts
    17 May 2017 at 12:24:23 #863381

I see, so that is a return ticket.

Can I depart at whatever time I want with that ticket? or is there any exact schedule written on the ticket?

Regards

Tritia

Arno
    15483 posts
    17 May 2017 at 12:36:26 #863382

Hi Tritia,

There will only be a date on the ticket. You can depart when you like, and you can take breaks during the trip too. If asked for a route and time you can omit those details.

• The thread ‘Does ticket to Jungfraujoch include everything?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.