Quick transfer of Swiss Half Fare Card

• kiccoro
    Participant
    3 posts
    11 July 2011 at 22:23:41 #804478

Hi,
    I bought Swiss Half Fare Card from Swiss Travel Center’s on line cite since they offer the “quick transfer” service.

According to the description of the “quick transfer” service, the card I received should be either already validated or I can validate by myself according to the enclosed instructions.

However, I could neither find any instructions enclosed nor recognize if the card is already validated.

I would like to know how can I confirm if my card is already validated or find the instruction for self-validation.

I wonder if the “quick transfer” service did not apply to my card and I need to validate when I visit Switzerland :(.

I need your help. Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    12 July 2011 at 2:15:25 #833467

Hi kiccoro,

Your Swiss Half Fare Card should have blank fields named something similar to “Pass/ID-Nr”, “Name”, “Signature” (and perhaps “Country”) on the right side. This is where you should write down your passport number, your name as stated on your passport, and your signature (and country of residence). Now your pass is ready to use. I suppose a start and end date is already printed on the pass, right?

If you have a German version: Signature = Unterschrift and Country = Land.

Don’t forget to take along your passport while traveling. Conductors may want to check it.

Enjoy your stay!

kiccoro
    Participant
    3 posts
    12 July 2011 at 21:00:47 #833468

Thank you so much for your quick reply.
    My card seems to be the one you indicated. But I can find only “PASS/ID-NR” and “UNTERSCHRIFT” fields. “Name” and “Country/Land” are not printed.

The right portion of my card are as follows:

————————————————-

NICHT ÜBERTARAGBAR

ABONNEMENT

1/2

PREIS/PRIX

___________________ <— (“Name” field?)

PASS/ID-NR: __________________

___________ <—-(“Country” field?)

UNTERSCHRIFT:

DOS: (numbers) ARTIKE

REF-NR: (numbers)

(the rest is omitted)

————————————————-

Question 1: May I write down my name and country somewhere (for example, such as positions indicated above) in my card?

I have further questions about similar issues for a family card.

The family card I received has two sheets and respective sheets have the following fields:

(First Sheet)

parent names

address

(Second Sheet)

first names of children

date of birth

signature

I understand that my name and/or wife’s name (not signatures) and my address should be written in the first sheet. OK?

Question 2: Who should write down the signature on the second sheet? One of parents whose name is written on the first sheet or my daughter (my daughter signed her passport by herself).

Thank you in advance for your help.

Arno
    15471 posts
    13 July 2011 at 2:54:44 #833469

Hi kiccoro,

I would indeed fill it out like you explained, and have one of the parents sign the Swiss Family Card.

Most important is that the passport numbers are correct and that your names are equally written as stated on the passport.

Now you’re ready to go traveling at half the fare!

kiccoro
    Participant
    3 posts
    13 July 2011 at 23:20:31 #833470

Thank you for your kindly and repetitive reply. My anxiety has almost gone.;-)

However, I think the Swiss Travel Center should provide detailed descriptions and/or instructions regarding the quick transfer service on their cite.

I believe that many foreign tourists must have encountered similar issues….:(

I believe I can enjoy my stay in Switzerland!

Thank you again for your assistance.

Arno
    15471 posts
    14 July 2011 at 2:30:26 #833471

You’re welcome! I’ll ask Switzerland Travel Centre to look into the instructions/letters they send along with the passes.

Enjoy your travels!

• The thread ‘Quick transfer of Swiss Half Fare Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.