Rail costs

Rail costs

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
fishermanrob
fishermanrob
17 posts
Oct 29, 2011 - 10:58 AM
it seems very expensive to purchase either standard tickets or transfer tickets for a short stay ??
i am visiting switzerland and need to get from zurich to interlaken and back within 4 days..
Is it cheaper to either purchase tickets at the airport as it will be after 9am therefore maybe cheaper.??
Or would it be cheaper just to buy standard tickets ??
I will probably purchase a 3 year half fare card in 2012 as we shall make more use of it ..
rob
Arno
Arno
7722 posts
expert &
Oct 30, 2011 - 3:04 AM
Hi Rob,

This has been covered in this topic, and here is how to find out which option is cheaper. Generally, a Half Fare Card is a logical choice if you plan to do short trips only.
fishermanrob
fishermanrob
17 posts
Oct 30, 2011 - 8:00 AM
i dont plan to do any extra travelling whilst in interlaken...as we arrive sunday night around midnight...have 2 days to sort some things out in interlaken..then return to zurich
and we fly back in the afernoon..
therefore i am asking is there a cheaper ticket other than a transfer ticket..as 2 peoplel will be travelling together husband and wife,one 63 and one 65..

i feel there is no benefit in a half fare card until we can take full advantage, which will be possibly next year..
rob
Arno
Arno
7722 posts
expert &
Oct 30, 2011 - 8:41 AM
Hi Rob,

You can either use a regular ticket or a Swiss Transfer Ticket, which is slightly cheaper. Additionally, you may want to check out whether there are Super Saver Tickets available as mentioned in the other topic. Any other passes would not be economical as you're only planning one return trip.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016