Rail costs

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 October 2011 at 8:58:52 #804756

it seems very expensive to purchase either standard tickets or transfer tickets for a short stay ??
    i am visiting switzerland and need to get from zurich to interlaken and back within 4 days..
    Is it cheaper to either purchase tickets at the airport as it will be after 9am therefore maybe cheaper.??
    Or would it be cheaper just to buy standard tickets ??
    I will probably purchase a 3 year half fare card in 2012 as we shall make more use of it ..
    rob

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    30 October 2011 at 3:04:58 #834404

Hi Rob,

This has been covered in this topic, and here is how to find out which option is cheaper. Generally, a Half Fare Card is a logical choice if you plan to do short trips only.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 October 2011 at 8:00:29 #834405

i dont plan to do any extra travelling whilst in interlaken…as we arrive sunday night around midnight…have 2 days to sort some things out in interlaken..then return to zurich
    and we fly back in the afernoon..
    therefore i am asking is there a cheaper ticket other than a transfer ticket..as 2 peoplel will be travelling together husband and wife,one 63 and one 65..

i feel there is no benefit in a half fare card until we can take full advantage, which will be possibly next year..
    rob

Arno
    15471 posts
    30 October 2011 at 8:41:39 #834406

Hi Rob,

You can either use a regular ticket or a Swiss Transfer Ticket, which is slightly cheaper. Additionally, you may want to check out whether there are Super Saver Tickets available as mentioned in the other topic. Any other passes would not be economical as you’re only planning one return trip.

• The thread ‘Rail costs’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.