Best rail pass for my 3 day trip to Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 January 2017 at 10:38:08 #810645

Hi,

I will be travelling to Bern in July 2017 and will be based in Bern for 3 days.

I would like know based on my itinerary, should I get a Swiss rail pass and which is the best.

Day 1: Travelling from Milan to Bern and will stay in Bern for whole day

Day 2: Travel Montreux for the Chocolate Train (Golden Pass) then travel back to Bern from Montreux.

Day 3: Day trip to Lucerne then return to Bern

Thank you so much!!

Regards, Yvonne

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 January 2017 at 16:35:18 #858367

Hi Yvonne and welcome to MySwissAlps!

For ease of use the 3 day Swiss Travel Pass is probably your best bet even if those are your only train trips (there are other benefits noted as well on the page I linked).

All your noted trips would be covered except from Milan to the Swiss border (buy a ticket online for this section in advance on any of the websites listed here). Domodossola should be the Swiss border town you want a ticket for.

seat reservations are not included in any Swiss rail passes.

Check out information on the Swiss Half-fare Card which could be an option as well.

Finally be sure to check out this page first and do the math though to be sure.

Regards,
    Lucas

• The thread ‘Best rail pass for my 3 day trip to Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.