Rail pass from Zurich to Wengen for 4.

Rail pass from Zurich to Wengen for 4.

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Eskid
Eskid
3 posts
Jul 18, 2015 - 6:12 PM

While I have read lots about the rail system and best rates, I am still struggling about what to do.We are a family of 4 going to Switzerland. We arrive from Athens on August 4 to Zurich and plan to take the train to Wengen- we will be in Wengen 3 nights and 2 full days. We plan to do some hiking and exploring so probably would use the gondola/funicular. Not sure about the train to Jungfrau. We will then return to Zurich on August 7 as we fly out on the 8th. Any thoughts on best plan for rail system? My girls are teens (15 and 18) - would the rail folks ask for identification?

What a wonderful website! Thanks in advance!

Elizabeth

Annika
Annika
4418 posts
expert &
Jul 19, 2015 - 10:59 AM

Hello Elizabeth!

The Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi will suit your needs. It allows a free ride from Zurich Airport to Wengen and back again, plus a 50% discount on the trips you want to make during your stay. You'll need three of them for the adults and your 18 year old daughter. The 15 year old travels along for free if you order the Swiss Family Card along with your Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi passes. Yes, the rail staff may ask for identification, so it's important that passport information matches the rail passes you're using.

Does this help you decide?

Eskid
Eskid
3 posts
Jul 19, 2015 - 10:20 PM in reply to Annika

Hi-

Yes, this helps me decide. Thank you. Should I purchase it in advance or can I get it at the station in Zurich? I want to get the discount!

Thanks again!

Arno
Arno
7727 posts
expert &
Jul 20, 2015 - 2:22 PM

Hi Eskid,

This pass needs to be purchased in advance; it's not available in Switzerland.

You can get the discount if you purchase through www.raileurope-world.com/pass/swiss-transfer-ticket-half-fare and use the coupon code as explained on www.raileurope-world.com/deals/great-deals-to-tour-Europe. Mind the 8 day shipping time please. They can ship to the US or Greece, whatever is convenient for you.

We found yesterday that one cannot order along the Swiss Family Card with this specific pass. But you can get a free Swiss Family Card at any staffed Swiss rail station upon showing your pass and passport.

Enjoy your stay and your travels!

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016