Rail passes for a 2 day trip Geneva & Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2016 at 20:18:29 #809385

Hi :

I will be travelling to Geneva from brussels this weekend. I plan to stay in Wilderswil . I will be reaching on Saturday morning and travelling back on sunday night. I would like to know which railway pass is suiatable for a golden pass journey between Geneva to Interlaken to Wilderswil and include discounts on lake geneva tour and Jungfrau.

Also can I purchase it in Switzerland . If I do online purchase is a printout fine or do I need to get the ticket from somewhere.

Much appreciate any advice on the travel.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    8 June 2016 at 5:34:32 #852763

Hi kamalika,

If you buy a Swiss Half Fare Card you will get a 50% discount on all tickets. I think that will be cheaper than a 3-day Swiss Travel Pass. Unfortunately you’re too late to buy online and print the pass/card at home, as it takes a few days to process orders. That would have saved you some time upon arrival, but both options can be purchased at the station in Geneva as well: go to the ticket office and bring your passport.

Enjoy your trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2016 at 16:58:37 #852764

Hi,

Will they accept master cards in the ticket counters or do I have to get CHF.

Thanks

kamalika

Arno
    15482 posts
    8 June 2016 at 17:10:19 #852765

Hi Kamalika,

They accept credit cards, debit cards and cash (CHF).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2016 at 17:32:40 #852766

Hi Arno:

I was checking the delivery options here shop.swissrailways.com /popup_deliveryinfo.ph p ?currenc y=CHF&language=en and looks like for regular email delivery its immediate. Is it not the case for swiss half fare pass. If I place the order today will I get an immediate delivery in email.

Thanks

kamalika

Arno
    15482 posts
    8 June 2016 at 17:43:16 #852767

Hi Kamalika,

No, it currently takes at least one day, please see myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ price (and they only allow ordering passes from the 13th). I don’t see the page you referred to saying otherwise, but please let me know if I don’t understand what you mean.

• The thread ‘Rail passes for a 2 day trip Geneva & Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.