Best transfer airport for Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 January 2017 at 18:07:18 #810580

We are hoping to go and stay in possibly Interlaken or grindelwald and are deciding which airport is best to fly into in terms of transfers. We’re wondering which pass would offer the best value for money for the transfer from the airport mainly. We have not as yet got an itinerary for our overall stay. Would be very grateful for any advice.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 January 2017 at 8:47:34 #858072

Hi Sarah38 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I don’t think you would have a hard time getting to the Interlaken area regardless of which airport you fly into. Zurich airport would be the closest and then Basel.

Take a look at our Swiss rail passes information page for more details on which pass may be best for you.
    Its a matter of how much travel by train and public transport you intend to do.

Please let me know if you have further questions,

Lucas

Jayjay
    Participant
    15 posts
    17 January 2017 at 13:36:39 #858073

Hi Sarah, I’m a regular traveller to this area and always fly into Zurich. It’s a really easy journey from the airport to Interlaken. The airport is literally across the road from the station and the train transfer from there is very straightforward. There is usually one change at Bern. I’ve also flown into Basel but that involved a bus from the airport to the main station. Hope this helps, Jay Jay

• The thread ‘Best transfer airport for Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.