Raileurope offer and Family card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 July 2011 at 14:08:40 #804533

Hi Annika,

We are residents of Kuwait and are travelling to Switzerland next week with our 9 year old daughter for a 10 day trip. Yesterday went to purchase the Raileurope’s Swiss Saver Pass offer(8 days) for 2nd class from their local agents here but was surprised to know that they were not giving the Family card with this offer ( though first class Family card was on offer for the 1st class Swiss Pass !).
    The agent himself was not sure why that was the case, but suggested us that we could get the Family card from the stations once we land in Switzerland showing our Swiss Saver Pass procured here as family card is issued free anyway. Is this possible? for obvious reasons We didn’t buy yesterday because of this Family card issue but I am interested as the offer seemed to be quite good.

Could you please advise .
    Thanking you in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    30 July 2011 at 2:26:18 #833631

Hi gangulys,

The agent is right. You can get it for free in Switzerland if, for any reason, you cannot get the Swiss Family Card along with your pass. You can find this on our Swiss Pass page, along with prices, shipping times, etc. Be sure to fill out your country and number of travelers, and all the relevant details will be presented to you. Buying online from Kuwait is a lot cheaper than in Switzerland by the way, as you can see on that page.

Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 July 2011 at 14:10:25 #833632

Hi Annika,
    thanks a lot for your prompt reply.
    You are doing a great job.

regards
    debashish

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 August 2011 at 5:01:15 #833633

Hi,

I’am also seeking the same information precisely.I live in Egypt currently but will be going to India (my country) before my switzerland trip so i ahve the option of buying the swiss pass in both places.I contacted agents in both coutries and they said they will email the details to me (awaiting) but now sure whether they could give the family card.Just want to verify whether its OK to go ahead and family card can be added in Swiss airport for no added cost even if we buy the passess through agents.

Annika
    7116 posts
    1 August 2011 at 5:34:46 #833634

Hi Kavitha. All purchase options are listed in the upper right corner of the Swiss Pass page. Just fill out your country (India) there to have the options displayed. As you can see, an online purchase through TrainTicket or RailEurope would be cheapest. These resellers indeed don’t offer the STS Family Card for India, but that’s no problem. You can just go ahead and order through one of the links I mentioned, and obtain the free STS Family Card at any manned Swiss railway station (including airport railway stations) upon showing your Swiss Pass and passports.

• The thread ‘Raileurope offer and Family card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.