Day trips from Brienz when it”s raining

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2016 at 7:28:24 #809190

Hi..I am in Brienz at present with my husband and two daughters (11,13)

As it is raining I guess we won’t be able to do the mountain trips for a couple of days.

Please suggest as to where all we could go. I also have a swiss travel pass.

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2016 at 19:21:22 #851999

You are not at all far from Luzern, where there are a number of things to do in a drizzle. Perhaps you’ve already spent time there, but if not, in addition to the obvious matter of walking across the River and really spending time looking at the paintings in the eves, and taking in the Lion monument, there is not far away the Transportation Museum.

Nearby is Engelberg where there is a ‘cheese factory’ that is in fact a monastery where soft cheese is made by hand.

Good Luck!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2016 at 20:10:09 #852000

Near Brienz is the Ballenberg Open Air museum. Great museum with old houses from Switserland.

You can go from the Brienz Railway station by bus to the museum.

With umbrella good to do.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    14 May 2016 at 20:44:01 #852001

Also, Bern. the old city is arcaded, so you can keep dry in those parts.

The view from the Rose Garden is great, but depends on the level of the cloud deck, if any.

http://www.myswissalps.com/be rn

Slowpoke

PS- Don’t forget to visit Jobin in Brienz.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2016 at 5:36:43 #852002

Thank you all for the replies. I went to ballenberg open air museum yesterday. Today will go to luzern and engelberg.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    15 May 2016 at 14:21:26 #852003

Hi Nadave-

How do you feel about Ballenberg?

We visit it periodically, and enjoy parts of it. Usually, we don’t see everything.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Day trips from Brienz when it”s raining’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.