Recommend trip from Italy to swiss for 12 days

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 November 2010 at 0:39:39 #804042

Hi ,
    I’m planning a trip in April 25,2011 start from Rome to Milan about 8 days then swiss 12 days and ended in Paris 5 days
    1.From Milan what the best route from milan to swiss e.g geneva->Luzerns and Zurich or Zurich ->to geneva
    willing to visit Montreux , Jufraroug , Matherhorn on the way.
    2.I will use swiss pass ( how many day its should be)
    please advice so I can start booked accommodation.
    Thank in Advance”
    Sombat Ch.
    Ps. also please suggest any interested place for visit.
    My itemnary montreux , zarmatt , interlaken , bern , luzern , zurich go to Paris.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    7 November 2010 at 4:20:20 #831933

Hello Sombat, and welcome to the forum! There are several connections between Milan and Switzerland. One is via Domodossola and Brig, the other is via Chiasso, Bellinzona and Arth-Goldau. You can check these connections using the Swiss timetable, by filling out Milan as your departure station and your first resort in Switzerland as your destination.

Giving the Swiss resorts you mention, a logical order to visit them would be Zermatt – Montreux – Interlaken (try to use the beautiful Golden Pass route via Gstaad and Zweisimmen when heading from Montreux to Interlaken) – Lucerne – Zurich – Bern. If you have to end up in Zurich (as you may have booked a train ride of flight from Zurich to Paris), you could first visit Lucerne and Bern, and then Zurich. The Matterhorn can be visited from Zermatt, the Jungfraujoch is accessible from Interlaken. Please take a look at our lists of day trips in Wallis and the Bernese Oberland for further ideas. And this topic provides tips for a stay in the Lucerne area.

If you’ll be spending 12 days in Switzerland, a 15 day Swiss Pass would cover all train trips mentioned above. These train trips are for free and you don’t have to buy any additional tickets. Cable cars and mountain trains are discounted. Are you planning to travel together with another person? In that case you could use the (cheaper) Swiss Saver Pass.

I hope this provides some answers. Kind regards,

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 November 2010 at 7:12:51 #831934

Thank for your quick reply. and could I buy swiss pass from Italy or I need to buy from Thailand?

Annika
    7116 posts
    7 November 2010 at 7:55:24 #831935

Hi Sombat,

I don’t think there are many places in Italy where you can purchase a Swiss Pass. Usually only very specialized (rail) travel agencies can arrange for them. As for buying from Thailand: please click “Other countries” on the Swiss Pass page to order.

• The thread ‘Recommend trip from Italy to swiss for 12 days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.