Recommendations for Jungfrau area with 1yr old

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 September 2015 at 10:18:49 #807886

Hi,

I am planning to visit Switzerland from Oslo in early-October with family which includes my mother and my one-year-old daughter.From Geneva, I have planned to reach Grindelwald/Lauterbrunnen and stay there for a couple of days. The intention is to spend some time in a picturesque village-like place with family 🙂

1: do you think the hike from First – Bachalpsee Lake is doable with a baby in a babycarrier..? I keep seeing reviews that say the first part of the ‘easy walk’ is steep, but I cant picture how steep or difficult would that be.Also appreciate if you can recommend some nice easy walks that are doable with a baby.

2: I am planning to take trains between Geneva and Grindelwald. Are there any easily accessible places to see/stay in between.. we could squeeze in an extra couple of days.

thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    7 September 2015 at 13:27:31 #845955

Hello famtrav,

Well, you’ll certainly get to enjoy a very scenic region when staying in Grindelwald or Lauterbrunnen!

1. If you have a solid stroller, I think the hike to the Bachalpsee should be doable. The first leg is steep indeed, but it’s a broad and easy path. Alternatives are Grütschalp-Mürren, Engstligenalp and maybe even Männlichen-Kleine Scheidegg. Do note that snow may set in, causing the higher trails to become inaccessible. It’s not likely yet though, in early October.

2. I’d recommend the Golden Pass route between Montreux and Interlaken for your transfer Geneva-Grindelwald. There are very nice towns along the way, like Montreux itself, Gstaad and Spiez.

• The thread ‘Recommendations for Jungfrau area with 1yr old’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.