Recommended Lucerne itinerary Nov 13-16

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 September 2016 at 13:41:48 #810094

Hello! I would like to ask for any advice because me and my friends are going for a Europe tour bet. France-Amsterdam-Switzerland for 10 days only. So i was the one who is in charge for the Switzerland itinerary. Can anyone help me/ give me some of there itinerary of what would i include in our 4 Days-3 nights in Switzerland (Nov 13-1Nov6)

Im planning to include:

1. Lucerne (the place where we can stay and we would like to stay in one place or do you have any suggestions?),

2. Mt. titlis (is it open in this mid of November? we want to see some snow thats why im thinking of including this trip. and from the search that i did, it looks like Jungfrau is also good but bot of this trip maybe closed?

3. do u have any recommendation for our rail pass? they said its ok to avail Swiss rail pass but we only have i think 3 days to see the country and the last day will be only half day because we need to go back to France via train and from France we’re going back to Abudhabi.

Hopefully someone will suggest anything and it will really help me to complete my itinerary. Thank you so much in advance. 🙂

regards,

jen

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    14 September 2016 at 14:10:28 #855961

Thanks for joining MySwissAlps!

1. Lucerne is a great choice for first time visitors, and for November (risk of lousy weather). There is plenty to do and see.

2. Mount Titlis is closed from November 7 to 18. You can only reach the mid station Trübsee. Jungfraujoch is open all year round. Other mountains may get some snow as well, but no guarantees in November.

3. You’d better finalize your itinerary first. Then visit the rail pass section to see if any product matches your travel plan. A Swiss Half Fare Card often saves money but here are other options too.

Does this get you started?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 September 2016 at 19:47:56 #855962

Thanks for the reply! it really helps. for the accomodation for the whole trip we’re planning to stay in Lucerne. any links that can give us some suggestions to book from that would be near the Train station, is Airbnb ok?

The itinerary that i did for the first day is

1. will start at 9am going to Mt pilatus (will stay there for 5 hours i think) and will get the silver pass.. (any suggestions what we will gonna do there?)

2. next is will be back and explore Lucerne (we’ll go to Chapel Bridge, Old Towns, Lake Lucerne Old Churches and Dying Monument) and well be back to our hotel.. ** is there any more recommended spots or places we need to see more of Lucerne?

For the 2nd day, im thinking of we’ll go and see Jungfrau? since Titlis is closed.. (we are going to switzerland by Nov 13-15 only.. or does anyone will suggest because i really want to see the swiss alps.. sceneries..

and for the 3rd day will be flying back to Paris.. Thank you in advance! it would help to finalize my itinerary 😉

Arno
    15484 posts
    29 September 2016 at 9:13:45 #855963

Hi Jen,

I would not pick Airbnb myself, please see here. There are many other options, including budget hotels and hostels. Some good ones are listed on the Lucerne page I linked to before, on the Hotels tab.

1. You’ll find all details on the Pilatus page. I am not sure what the silver pass is you mentioned. Have you decided on the rail pass yet? With a Swiss Travel Pass, for example, you will get parts of the Silver Round Trip for free. So you just go up to the ticket windows and buy a discounted ticket for the remaining parts.

2. Please see the Lucerne page in my previous post. Lots of suggestions there!

A day trip to Jungfraujoch from Lucerne will take a lot of time: at least 8.5 just to get there and back. And there won’t be many hours of day light. If you go as far as Kleine Scheidegg you can save 2 hours. From there, you can look at the Jungfrau without going up to Jungfraujoch.

I’d recommend to take the train back to Paris. It’s quicker, more comfortable, eco-friendlier and more scenic. Please see myswissalps.com/ traintickets/france. You can take a train from Lucerne to Basel (free with a Swiss Travel Pass), then a direct high speed train to Paris from there.

• The thread ‘Recommended Lucerne itinerary Nov 13-16’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.