regarding mount titlis and jungfrauch fare.

regarding mount titlis and jungfrauch fare.

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Ricks
Ricks
15 posts
Mar 29, 2015 - 12:40 AM

Hi..

I am travelling to seitzerland from 5th to 8th april. With ur help I framed my iteanary with 3 day swiss pass. I am having sme confusions.

1. What exactly means that I vl get 25%discount at jungfrauch? Whether its in the rail fare? I vl b taking golden pass line from lucern to interlaken dn to jungfrauch. Plz guide me where I need to buy tickets( as there is twice interchange of trains also).

2. Same question is with the mt titlis, I will be going titlis from lucern.

Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
Mar 29, 2015 - 9:19 AM

Hi Ricks,

1. That means that you will get a 25% discount on the ticket for the part of the trip that is not free. The Swiss Travel Pass map shows what's free and what's discounted. You don't need a ticket for the free sections. You can get the ticket at any station in Switzerland. Show your Swiss Travel Pass and you will get the correct ticket.

2. You can travel to Engelberg for free. Then you'll walk to the cable car and buy a discounted ticket. More ticket information is on the Titlis page.

Ricks
Ricks
15 posts
Mar 29, 2015 - 10:14 AM in reply to Annika

Thanx for the reply..

after looking into the swiss travel map I understood that upto lauterbrunnen/ grindleward we can board d free train from interlaken ost.Further we need to purchase ticket dat is on 25% discount.am I right?

Last modified on Mar 29, 2015 - 10:16 AM by Ricks
Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
Mar 29, 2015 - 10:29 AM
Actually it's free as far as Wengen/Grindelwald, but that part of the map is tiny so you need to zoom in to see that. From that point on you need a ticket and it will be 25% discounted. You can get that ticket in Interlaken or any other station.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016