Regarding the panoramic train

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2012 at 23:29:38 #805156

Hi,
    I’m sorry if this question has already been asked but I’m pretty confused with what I have read.

The panoramic train such as Golden Pass or Bernina Express only have some coaches that require reservations right? If I plan to use that train in an ordinary coach, no reservations are require. Am I right?

Another question, I know there are also trains that run on the same route with panoramic trains and I wonder if the ordinary coaches (2nd class) are the same with the ordinary coaches of panoramic trains (window size, etc.)

Thank you for you answer,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    25 April 2012 at 9:51:02 #835746

Hi Witchapas. In most cases, panoramic Golden Pass and Bernina Express have panoramic coaches mainly. If you want to be sure of a seat, it can be recommended to book in advance. Regular regional trains (withou panoramic windows, but the views are still pretty good) run on such routes as well. Reservation for such trains is not necessary and in some cases not even possible. The timetable shows what type of train is involved and whether seat reservations are possible, recommended or obligatory. Just enter your trip (mind to fill out the right via-stations to obtain information on the scenic routes, as the timetable will automatically display the quickest route if you don’t do so), pick a connection and click the ‘plus’ symbol at the left to see detailed information.

• The thread ‘Regarding the panoramic train’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.