Regarding Visa requirements for US citizen

Regarding Visa requirements for US citizen

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
subaark
subaark
14 posts
May 3, 2016 - 4:14 AM

Hi All,

We are a family of 4 travelling from South India to UK/France/Switzerland (end if May 2016). Three of us are Indian citizens and have got our UK/schengen visas.

My 2nd son is a US citizen and holds a valid US passport. Is Visa required for him to enter UK/Schengen region? Checked with websites of UK.gov and US travel.gov and it says no Visas required for stay less than 90 days.

Please let us know if need to carry any documents other than his valid passport and birth certificate.

Thanks

Suganthy

Arno
Arno
7721 posts
expert &
May 4, 2016 - 2:26 PM

Hi Suganthy, welcome to MySwissAlps!

I don't think US citizens need anything else than the documents you mentioned. But you'd better double check with the authorities (e.g. the Swiss embassy in the US) as I'm not an expert on this, nor do I know about the latest changes, if any. Useful websites are listed here.

Last modified on May 4, 2016 - 2:27 PM by Arno
subaark
subaark
14 posts
May 4, 2016 - 3:15 PM

Hi Arno ,

Thank you very much for your fast reply . The official site of Switzerland was very helpful and confirmed that Visa was not for US nationals required. Those links are very helpful .Already Saved for our records.

I am still trying to get our itinerary for our 6 days in Swiss . Will come back for help .

Reg Swiss passes -Please let me know if Tell pass will give discount for travelling to Jungfrau.

Secondly your site gives details like Majestic Round trip (Pilates ,Rigi ). Looks exciting but are these doable independently (without guides/tours).

Thanks and Regards

Suganthy

Arno
Arno
7721 posts
expert &
May 4, 2016 - 3:41 PM

Hi Suganthy,

Good to hear it's cleared. Please see here for what's included in the Tell-Pass. Jungfraujoch is not covered.

Almost everything in Switzerland can either be done independently or with a tour. It's whatever you prefer. Details can be found on all of our attraction pages.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016