Regional or Swiss Pass confusion - please help

Regional or Swiss Pass confusion - please help

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Swissholiday
Swissholiday
1 post
Jun 1, 2013 - 5:11 PM
Confused by the different swiss passes available and wondered if someone could advise please?
We are 2 adults and. 2 children looking forward to our trip to Switzerland.
Day 1 arrive Geneva to Lausanne
Days 2 and 3 explore Lausanne (possible ferry trip to Montreaux, also trip to Vevey)
Day 4 Lausanne to Wengen
Days 5 to 10 Explore Bernese Oberland (this will include cable cars etc )
Day 11 Wengen to Geneva
I have thought about Swiss pass but will the Bernese Oberland regional pass provide cheaper travel on cable cars ( I have read somewhere that this has changed recently but can't find that info now)
Would it be better to buy Regional passes for Lausanne and BO with direct tickets on Day 1, Day 4 and Day 11 to reach main destinations?
Any help would be very useful.
Arno
Arno
7325 posts
expert &
Jun 2, 2013 - 3:58 AM
Hi Swissholiday,

You can find all details of the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland, including a downloadable network map, on this page. There's also a Regional Pass Lake Geneva - Alps. Both passes are available through the webshop of the Swiss Railways.

If you know all trips you plan to make you can calculate the cheapest option. I you can't do that, at least you know that both these passes will give you the best available coverage of these areas, so they would fit your plans.

I hope this helps you decide.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016