Regional or Swiss Pass confusion – please help

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2013 at 15:11:42 #806031

Confused by the different swiss passes available and wondered if someone could advise please?
    We are 2 adults and. 2 children looking forward to our trip to Switzerland.
    Day 1 arrive Geneva to Lausanne
    Days 2 and 3 explore Lausanne (possible ferry trip to Montreaux, also trip to Vevey)
    Day 4 Lausanne to Wengen
    Days 5 to 10 Explore Bernese Oberland (this will include cable cars etc )
    Day 11 Wengen to Geneva
    I have thought about Swiss pass but will the Bernese Oberland regional pass provide cheaper travel on cable cars ( I have read somewhere that this has changed recently but can’t find that info now)
    Would it be better to buy Regional passes for Lausanne and BO with direct tickets on Day 1, Day 4 and Day 11 to reach main destinations?
    Any help would be very useful.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    2 June 2013 at 3:58:25 #838801

Hi Swissholiday,

You can find all details of the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland, including a downloadable network map, on this page. There’s also a Regional Pass Lake Geneva – Alps. Both passes are available through the webshop of the Swiss Railways.

If you know all trips you plan to make you can calculate the cheapest option. I you can’t do that, at least you know that both these passes will give you the best available coverage of these areas, so they would fit your plans.

I hope this helps you decide.

• The thread ‘Regional or Swiss Pass confusion – please help’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.