Regional Pass Lake Geneva-Alps - buy / collect

Regional Pass Lake Geneva-Alps - buy / collect

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Milandro
Milandro
2 posts
Jul 19, 2016 - 4:21 PM

Hi folks,

Is there a way to just buy the Regional Pass Lake Geneva-Alps upon arrival at the airport (or in town in Geneva)?

The website only gave me the online order option. Problem is, I am travelling on July 21 in the evening and if I buy now the earliest date of validity would be July 22... It would pointless to buy it now then having to go to the airport again on July 22 just to collect it. And home delivery is not an option because it takes 3 days to deliver here (I live in Belgium). I called the Geneva Tourist Office and they said the Swiss Railways can be very strict on dates and stuff..

I read on this website that you could buy it at some train stations in the region. Can anyone confirm this / help me? I was not able to find if it includes the train station of the Geneva Airport.

Thanks in advance,

Milesh

Annika
Annika
4415 posts
expert &
Jul 19, 2016 - 5:59 PM

Welcome to MySwissAlps, Milesh!

You're right, it's too late to order online now. Such orders take a few days to process (this even goes for print at home e-tickets), so in general it's best not to wait until a few days before departure. Yes, I think the Regional-Pass Lake Geneva-Alps should be available at the Geneva Airport railway station. Mind the opening hours of the manned desks.

By the way, I'm not sure which website you're referring to, but both the online as well as the local purchase options are listed at www.myswissalps.com/re gionalpasslakegeneva/p rice.

Enjoy your stay in the Lake Geneva region!

Milandro
Milandro
2 posts
Jul 19, 2016 - 8:11 PM in reply to Annika

Hi Annika,

Thank you for the welcome, and for the prompt reply.

Indeed, that's the website I saw. I was kind of lost in the link to the railway company link. But then I found the link to the Geneva Airport train station: www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/am-bahnhof/railway-stations/bahnhof-finden.posid.1026.html. According to this, the ticket counter closes at 20:15 which is too early for me :( (I land at 21:55...)

I hope there will be ticket vending machines selling this...

The Geneva Tourist Office person also told me I could get a 30-minute free ticket to get me from the airport to the city...hope that is accurate and possible to get it from the vending machines! .)

Thanks again,

Milesh

Annika
Annika
4415 posts
expert &
Jul 20, 2016 - 5:49 AM in reply to Milandro

Hi Milesh,

The ticketing machines do not sell the pass. You will have to obtain a free ticket to town (see here) and buy the pass the next morning. Sorry, there's no other way.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016