Regional Pass Lake Geneva-Alps – buy / collect

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 July 2016 at 16:21:02 #809720

Hi folks,

Is there a way to just buy the Regional Pass Lake Geneva-Alps upon arrival at the airport (or in town in Geneva)?

The website only gave me the online order option. Problem is, I am travelling on July 21 in the evening and if I buy now the earliest date of validity would be July 22… It would pointless to buy it now then having to go to the airport again on July 22 just to collect it. And home delivery is not an option because it takes 3 days to deliver here (I live in Belgium). I called the Geneva Tourist Office and they said the Swiss Railways can be very strict on dates and stuff..

I read on this website that you could buy it at some train stations in the region. Can anyone confirm this / help me? I was not able to find if it includes the train station of the Geneva Airport.

Thanks in advance,

Milesh

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7115 posts
    19 July 2016 at 17:59:30 #854350

Welcome to MySwissAlps, Milesh!

You’re right, it’s too late to order online now. Such orders take a few days to process (this even goes for print at home e-tickets), so in general it’s best not to wait until a few days before departure. Yes, I think the Regional-Pass Lake Geneva-Alps should be available at the Geneva Airport railway station. Mind the opening hours of the manned desks.

By the way, I’m not sure which website you’re referring to, but both the online as well as the local purchase options are listed at http://www.myswissalps.com/re gionalpasslakegeneva/p rice.

Enjoy your stay in the Lake Geneva region!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 July 2016 at 20:11:39 #854351

Hi Annika,

Thank you for the welcome, and for the prompt reply.

Indeed, that’s the website I saw. I was kind of lost in the link to the railway company link. But then I found the link to the Geneva Airport train station: http://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/am-bahnhof/railway-stations/bahnhof-finden.posid.1026.html. According to this, the ticket counter closes at 20:15 which is too early for me 🙁 (I land at 21:55…)

I hope there will be ticket vending machines selling this…

The Geneva Tourist Office person also told me I could get a 30-minute free ticket to get me from the airport to the city…hope that is accurate and possible to get it from the vending machines! .)

Thanks again,

Milesh

Annika
    7115 posts
    20 July 2016 at 5:49:40 #854352

Hi Milesh,

The ticketing machines do not sell the pass. You will have to obtain a free ticket to town (see here) and buy the pass the next morning. Sorry, there’s no other way.

• The thread ‘Regional Pass Lake Geneva-Alps – buy / collect’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.