Regional pass-Should I buy another pass too?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 July 2011 at 18:57:20 #804491

Is it ever a good thing to have two type of Swiss passes? I just bought a 6 day Bernese Oberland regional pass ( 2 for the price of 1) for myself and daughter. We will be hiking around the region using trains, faniculars, and gondolas for the six days were are there. But we will also be taking trains from Milan to Zermatt, from the Oberland area to Lucerne, and from Lucerne to Zurich. I’m starting to have buyers remorse, even though it seems like such a good deal. Should I also buy a 3 day Swiss Saver flexi pass for us?. Or some other pass?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    20 July 2011 at 2:08:32 #833508

Hi linny,

It can make sense to have two passes in some cases, but usually it is not economical. I wouldn’t do it in your case either. If you take a look at the area of validity of the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland, you’ll see that you get discounts when traveling to Lucerne and Zermatt. To minimize costs, you may want to use the free travel days for those longer trips, depending on your other plans.

If you would have choosen to buy two passes, it would actually have been better if you had made that decision before, as the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland is cheaper for holders of a Swiss (Flexi) Pass/Swiss Card, even on top of the 2-for-1 discount.

Anyway, I think the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland gets you a long way if you check out the map and use your free travel days right.

Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 July 2011 at 9:23:34 #833509

Thank you! These passes are so confusing. I’m going to stop researching and just go and have fun!

• The thread ‘Regional pass-Should I buy another pass too?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.