Regional pass-Should I buy another pass too?

Regional pass-Should I buy another pass too?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jul 19, 2011 - 8:57 PM
Is it ever a good thing to have two type of Swiss passes? I just bought a 6 day Bernese Oberland regional pass ( 2 for the price of 1) for myself and daughter. We will be hiking around the region using trains, faniculars, and gondolas for the six days were are there. But we will also be taking trains from Milan to Zermatt, from the Oberland area to Lucerne, and from Lucerne to Zurich. I'm starting to have buyers remorse, even though it seems like such a good deal. Should I also buy a 3 day Swiss Saver flexi pass for us?. Or some other pass?
Arno
Arno
7341 posts
expert &
Jul 20, 2011 - 2:08 AM
Hi linny,

It can make sense to have two passes in some cases, but usually it is not economical. I wouldn't do it in your case either. If you take a look at the area of validity of the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland, you'll see that you get discounts when traveling to Lucerne and Zermatt. To minimize costs, you may want to use the free travel days for those longer trips, depending on your other plans.

If you would have choosen to buy two passes, it would actually have been better if you had made that decision before, as the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland is cheaper for holders of a Swiss (Flexi) Pass/Swiss Card, even on top of the 2-for-1 discount.

Anyway, I think the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland gets you a long way if you check out the map and use your free travel days right.

Have fun!
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jul 20, 2011 - 9:23 AM
Thank you! These passes are so confusing. I'm going to stop researching and just go and have fun!

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016