Reinbach falls and Aaru gorge or tremmelbach falls

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 July 2016 at 20:26:07 #809714

Hi. We were thinking of heading off to the Aaru gorge and reinbach falls but was wondering if it would be better to see the tremmelbach falls. I’m interested in any feedback. Thanks Jacquie

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    19 July 2016 at 8:35:20 #854330

Hi Jacquie,

I suppose you mean the Aare gorge (Aareschlucht), the Reichenbach Fall and the Trümmelbach Falls. One isn’t better than the other, they’re just different. The Trümmelbach Falls are a series of powerful waterfalls in the rocks. The Aare gorge is more like a stream in between rock walls. The Reichenbach Fall is a “classic” high waterfall. They’re all good, it depends on what you want.

darrell
    Participant
    38 posts
    19 July 2016 at 13:04:35 #854331

Just did Aaru Gorge –what a pleasant thing to do-glad we did it . Started at West entrance nice self paced walk and easy enough and nice enough to do the return via the Gorge . Inexpensive also! Have done Trummblebach Falls years ago and returned just last month–Spring melt was really nice here and the water was wild and roaring! Enjoyed both and they are different enough to do both and feel satisfied–neither were crowded but then we went this early in the season–and not too expensive to do both! If any problems doing stairs –Trummblebach has more and if I remember correctly the East entrance at Aaru has the only set of stairs but one may find it a problem if limited mobility.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 July 2016 at 17:16:12 #854332

Thankyou for your feedback I really appreciate it. We ended up doing the reichenbach falls and the gorge and really enjoyed both. We also did a stop at thun before returning to Bern.

Annika
    7121 posts
    21 July 2016 at 7:44:16 #854333

Good to hear Jacquie, thanks for letting us know!

• The thread ‘Reinbach falls and Aaru gorge or tremmelbach falls’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.