Request for suggestion of excursions

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 September 2012 at 12:12:53 #805623

Kindly suggest some excursions based on below mentioned itinerary. We wouldn’t mind a hectic schedule

We are reaching Interlaken from Paris on 28-Oct-2012 at about 16:00 Hrs (Hotel City Oberland)….. we have booking till 30-Oct-2012 in Hotel at Interlaken……..from 30-Oct-2012 to 1-Nov-2012 we will be at Lucerne.

Kindly advise.

Thanks & Regards,

Soumen

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    8 September 2012 at 5:31:32 #837211

Welcome to the forum Soumen! There are so many day trips to be made from Interlaken and Lucerne, that it’s hard to give random advice. I suggest you read some of the other visitors’ travel reports and browse this day trip overview to get an idea of all available trips. You’re welcome to get back with more specific questions or course!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 September 2012 at 6:28:19 #837212

Kindly comment on my planned itinerary
    28-Oct-2012: Paris 6:15 Hrs to Basel 9:26 Hrs
    Basel 9:59 Hrs to Jungfraujoch14:22 Hrs Can we keep our luggage atstation locker?
    Jungfraujoch 17:45Hrs to Interlaken OST 19:50 Hrs Checkin at Hotel

29-Oct-2012 Excursion to Schilthorn, Murren,Truemmelbach Falls, Lake Thun, Neiderhorn, Harder Kulm.

Kindly suggest any alteration. We would like visit at the most possible.

30-Oct-2012 Checkout from Hotel, take early train(6:30 Hrs) to Zermatt (reaching by 9:00 Hrs)
    Grogernat and Matterhornexcursions & glacier express to St Moritzs
    Take train at 16:40 fromZermatt to Luzern (20:00 Hrs
    Check in at Hotel inLuzern

Is it feasible? Can wekeep our luggage at Zermatt Station?

31-Oct-2012 Mt. Pilates, Mt. Titlis, Mt. Rigi, LakeLucerne

Is it possible to coverall these four in one day? If not, kindly suggest any alternative.

01-Nov-2012 8:15 Hrs…..train to Venice

Thanks & Regards,
    Soumen

Annika
    7104 posts
    17 September 2012 at 12:25:53 #837213

Hello Soumen. I’m afraid your itinerary is way too full on some days. Please consult the timetable to see what’s doable in one day. On October 29, you would manage to visit the Schilthorn, Mürren and the Trümmelbach falls and maybe a boat trip over lake Thun, but that’s about it. On October 30, you can leave early for Zermatt, make a trip up to the Gornergrat and return to Lucerne; the Glacier Express to St. Moritz doesn’t fit into this scheme. On October 31, I would pick two viewing points at the most; combining Pilatus and Rigi makes most sense, but just one of them would be fine too. You can indeed keep your luggage in lockers at the railway stations.

I suggest you look into a 4 day Swiss Saver Pass or 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass. Both are available in an economical 2 for 1 deal.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 September 2012 at 12:49:30 #837214

Dear Annika,

Thank you very much for your guidance.

Would glad to have your little more guidance.

1. What is your opinion on our plan for 28th. I am afraid whether it is doable.

2. Kindly throw some light on “to do” at Gornergrat.

3. Can you suggest any alternative for 30th.

4. We are ok with your suggestion to consider Pilatus and Rigi on 31st. Can we consider Lake Luzern cruise?

Thank you once again.

Annika
    7104 posts
    19 September 2012 at 11:13:45 #837215

Hi Soumen. Your plan for October 28 is doable (but don’t do it if it’s cloudy; that’s a waste of your money). The Gornergrat is a viewing point. Except for a restaurant, there’s not much else to do, but the views are great and the train ride is wonderful. As for October 30: I think I already suggested an alternative, but I made a mistake there. I meant that you can leave for Zermatt, not St. Moritz (I’ve changed this so that other forum visitors won’t get confused), and visit the Gornergrat there. If you don’t want to travel too much, just stay close to Interlaken or Lucerne that day; there’s a whole list of activities you can do in this region. Yes, a visit to the Rigi can easily be combined with a boat trip over lake Lucerne.

• The thread ‘Request for suggestion of excursions’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.