Request help in planning trip to Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 June 2012 at 0:53:47 #805366

Dear Moderator,

I would like to congratulate you on the help that you have been providing to tourists like me through this forum. I would also be obliged if you could help me plan a 4 day trip to Switzerland

I am travelling to Switzerland for the first time and have been advised by friends to visit the following places: 1) Jungfrau region 2) Mt Titlis 3) Mt Pilatus 4) Schithorn 5) Zermatt 6) Glacier express

I would be travelling from Salzburg on an overnight train on 9th evening and reach Lucerne on 10th Morning. I have currently done bookings for 2 nights at lucerne and had intended to use that as a base and visit places. I have a return flight from Zurich on 14th Morning so need to use the 4 days to plan the visits.

I would be very grateful if someone can please advise on the following:
    1) Any more places to visit besides those listed above (or remove few places from the above list)
    2) The sequence in which I should visit these places and the corressponding location/ cities where I need to stay
    3) I would be taking the Flexi pass but are there any more such discount items that I can avail

Regards and Thanks in Advance

Saurav
    India

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 June 2012 at 14:30:36 #836424

Hi,

Request someone to please advice me on the above query.

Regards,
    Saurav

Arno
    15483 posts
    12 June 2012 at 2:06:26 #836425

Hi Saurav,

I’m glad to hear you like our forum! Please be patient while waiting for an answer. As stated in the forum rules, it may take a while to answer.

It’s hard to fit everything on your list in a couple of days. Please use the timetable to see what works for you. I would skip the Glacier Express and Zermatt and focus on Lucerne and Interlaken and their surroundings.

Just a suggestion below. It contains all except for the last part of the Glacier Express (Chur to St. Moritz):
    10th: Visit Pilatus from Lucerne. Perhaps do a boat trip on Lake Lucerne as well.
    11th: Visit Titlis and continue on to Interlaken.
    12th: Jungfrau. You could combine this with a boat trip on Lake Thun or Lake Lucerne, or do a short hike. Travel to Zermatt in the evening.
    13th: Glacier Express to Chur, and continue on to Zurich to stay in an airport hotel.

A 4-day Swiss Pass would be fine. You would use it from the 10th to the 13th and have the suggested boat trips for free as well.

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2012 at 14:21:32 #836426

Dear Arno,

Thanks a lot for your response. Its a great help. Also if you can please help me understand how to visit Jungfrau? Can I just book a ticket using the Swiss pass or is there any separate booking that I would require to do. I was checking a site called swisstouronline.com and they had advertised an additional price of CHF 120 per person for people holding swiss pass.

Regards,
    Saurav

Annika
    7116 posts
    13 June 2012 at 9:52:00 #836427

Hello Saurav. If you have a Swiss Pass, you will travel for free up to Wengen/Grindelwald. From there, you have to buy a 25% discounted ticket. The trips can be found through the timetable; fares are available at the Jungfrau railways website. By the way, you don’t have to book your Jungfraujoch ticket in advance; you can show your Swiss Pass in Interlaken, Wengen or Grindelwald and then ask for your ticket.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2012 at 14:41:37 #836428

Dear Annika,

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
    Saurav

• The thread ‘Request help in planning trip to Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.