Jul 13, 2012 - 6:59 AM
Dear Moderater -
I and my husband are planning a trip to Swizerland from September 13-17, 2012. We will be staying in Zurich with my brother for all the five days. Our iteinary is the following --
1. Sept 13, 2012 --- day 1: reaching Zurich on 13th Sep at 6.20 am, full day in Zurich - visit to Rhine Valley [u] (please suggest what all we can visit in Zurich)[/u]
2. Sept 14, 2012 --- day 2: Zurich to Interlaken[u] (please suggest the mode of transport - train or bus)[/u] - visiting Jungfrau by cogwheel train thorugh Eiger North Face and visiting Ice Palace[u] (please suggest any better options if available)[/u], back to Zurich in the evening
3. Sept 15, 2012 ---day 3: Zurich to Interlaken - visiting Glacier 3000 by cable car from Col du Pillon , Para gliding (is it here ??) (please suggest any changes or other activities at Glacier 3000 and also any changes/additions to this plan),
4. Sept 16 2012 ----day 4: Zurich to Lacern - (please suggest the excursions that we can do in Lucern or any other place (St. Moritz) for day 4), back to Zurich in the evening
5. Sept 17, 2012--day 5 don't know what to do ... (Please suggest ??? )
Since we will be staying in Zurich we will be commuting every day to all the excursions by train-
Could you please suggest us which swiss raill pass we should opt for since we are two (me and my husband for five days) --
(i) that provides buy one get one free promotional offer
(ii) free travel in train, bus, boat or tram everyday
(iii) discounts on various excursions like Jungfrau, Mt Titlis etc.
Also from where can we buy the swiss passes ? are they available on line ? what is the cost of the pass that you will advise? finally what is the difference between swiss pass (of different kind flexi etc) and swiss card and which is the best one to opt for.
We would we very grateful for your guidance on the same. Many many thanks for your help.