Reservation fee for panoramic trains

• kargee
    Participant
    25 posts
    11 March 2016 at 9:29:39 #808586

Hi

I am trying to find a page about the seat reservation fee for each panoramic trains but don’t seem to get it in any website. So far, I only get this info: 33SFR reservation fee for Glacier Express.

What about Bernina Express? Golden Pass? Centovalli?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    11 March 2016 at 15:07:57 #849268

Hi kargee, welcome to MySwissAlps!

Each of our scenic train pages has links to websites where you can book seats and check prices. But, booking seats only applies to a few trains. It’s required for the Glacier Express (CHF 33 in summer, CHF 13 in winter) and Bernina Express (CHF 14 in summer, CHF 10 in winter). For the Golden Pass and Wilhelm Tell Express, please see myswissalps.com/ goldenpass/ tickets and myswissalps.com/ wilhelmtellexpress. The surcharge on the panoramic Centovalli trains is € 1,50: http://www.inglese.vigezzina. com/index.php/tariffe/ prezzi/internazionali.

Zanygirl
    Participant
    20 posts
    11 March 2016 at 23:07:12 #849269

I have a question to follow up with this one. I have not ordered my Swiss travel pass yet. When I do can I make my reservation for the Bernina Express at that time?

Annika
    7122 posts
    12 March 2016 at 12:11:10 #849270

Hi Zanoffc!

That doesn’t matter. You can make reservations either before or after your Swiss Travel Pass purchase. As long as you’ve arranged for your seats and have your Swiss Travel Pass with you while traveling, t’s all fine.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2016 at 12:46:58 #849271

Hi Arno / Annika,

I plan to travel from Luzern to Montreaux on 21/4/2016. I will be purchasing the Swiss Travel Pass for 4-days shortly in a weeks time. Do I need to compulsorily make seat reservations from the Golden Pass train from Luzern to Montreaux ?

I was unable to find the timings for Golden Pass train from Luzern itself. All I could find is the leg from Zweisimmen to Montreux (around 10am) and others were regular trains. Can you help with the timings for Golden Pass starting from Luzern to Montreaux ?

Also, which all sectors require Seat Reservations OR we can travel for free just showing the Swiss Travel Pass for the entire leg ?

Annika
    7122 posts
    12 March 2016 at 12:56:07 #849272

Hi sskundu,

The Golden Pass line consists of several sections with several train types. The special scenic coaches can be found at the leg Zweisimmen-Montreux. It’s described at our Golden Pass page. Seat reservations are not required, unless you want to book special VIP seats in the front carriage between Zweisimmen and Montreux. For all other seats, you can just board with your Swiss Travel Pass and do the ride entirely for free.

• The thread ‘Reservation fee for panoramic trains’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.