Reservation on Zweisimmen – Ouchy with Geneva Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2017 at 19:57:40 #812330

I am trying to reserve places on the Zweisimmen-Montreux-Lausanne train on sbb.ch using my Geneva Rail Pass. Unfortunately, when I get to choose the tickets I am only given half price options when I am really entitled for full price reduction – according to the pass conditions. Can anybody advice me how to organise such a reservation without having to pay full or half price?

Thanks

Neville

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2017 at 5:12:25 #865432

Hi Neville,

>> I am trying to reserve places on the Zweisimmen-Montreux-Lausanne train on sbb.ch using my Geneva Rail Pass. Unfortunately, when I get to choose the tickets I am only given half price options when I am really entitled for full price reduction – according to the pass conditions. Can anybody advice me how to organise such a reservation without having to pay full or half price?

Are you wanting to travel on an official Golden Pass train between Zweisimmen and Montreux? If so, you can make your reservation at a cost of CHF 8 per seat here:

reservations.mob.ch/re servation/reservation/ reservation/reservatio n/reservation/reservat ion/reservation/reserv ation/reservation/rese rvation/f?p=151:1:27348873930343 54::NO:::

As far as I can tell, reservations for the sector Montreux to Lausanne are not possible, but you can try for yourself here:

http://www.sbb.ch/ticketshop/ b2c/sprache.do?en

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2017 at 5:32:46 #865433

I guess I can risk just walking on to the train montreux to lausanne without pre-booking seats.

Right?

Neville

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2017 at 5:55:00 #865434

>> I guess I can risk just walking on to the train montreux to lausanne without pre-booking seats.

Yes, but I would avoid the morning and evening commuter periods if you are travelling with luggage.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2017 at 6:05:13 #865435

Noted. Should be in ouchy before 5pm as I planned it. Thanks again for helping me out. You’re an angel. The Swiss rail system online bookings are a bit complicated.

Thanks

Neville

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2017 at 7:05:31 #865436

>> Thanks again for helping me out.

You’re welcome! Have a great trip.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2017 at 7:43:44 #865437

Hi Neville,

When you say Geneva rail Pass are you referring to the Regional Pass – Lake Geneva – Alps?
    This regional pass will indeed cover you on your route starting in Zweisimmen. Reservations on the panoramic train between Zweisimmen and Montreux are optional but I would book it as per Alpenrose’s link above (no reductions on the reservation cost with any rail pass).

I also wouldn’t worry about trying to reserve from Montreux to Lausanne either – it isn’t really worth it for any Swiss trains except the panoramic ones where it is mandatory except the Golden Pass route.

Enjoy your trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2017 at 8:01:29 #865438

That is in fact what I did and I managed to get the last seats that were not dispersed here and there.

Thanks for your help.

• The thread ‘Reservation on Zweisimmen – Ouchy with Geneva Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.