Reservation other than swiss pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 May 2012 at 4:43:30 #805295

Hi ,
    I am travelling to Switzerland for 4 days ..centered at Zurich…Plan to visit Lucerne, Interlaken , Zormatt..
    Would like to know what all imporatnet to see in these places with 10-12 hrs stay at each of these..Also If I need to book any reservvation in advance other than Swiss pass(already booked) such as for Mount Titlis , Jungfrau..
    Mount Titlis , Jungfrau..how to reach and any reservation needed..
    Thanks
    Rajesh

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    27 May 2012 at 5:01:36 #836207

Hello Rajesh. You can use the timetable to plan all your trips in detail (enter ‘Kleintitlis’ to find details on your connection to the Titlis). You may find that traveling to each location from Zurich requires long traveling times. In case you think they’re too long, you can consider overnight stays in other towns. If you want to spend all nights in Zurich, try to book a hotel close to the railway station to minimize traveling times.

I think you already found some of the highlights such as Titlis and the Jungfraujoch. If you’re in Zermatt and weather is clear, a visit to the Gornergrat can be highly recommended. No, you won’t need any reservations if you plan on using regular trains. Only scenic trains such as the Golden Pass require seat reservation in advance.

• The thread ‘Reservation other than swiss pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.