Reserve Wilhelm Tell with a 2nd class SWISS PASS?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 April 2015 at 3:00:03 #807072

I need to reserve a seat in Wilhelm Tell Express from Lugano to Lucern, but I will buy the 2 nd class Swiss Pass. I am no sure how to do it, the rail europe website is not clear about this. I will travel to Swistzerland in 23Apr and take the train in 28Apr.

And in this route the boat is not available, it that right ?

Thanks !

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    13 April 2015 at 6:53:21 #842432

Hi MaxBr,

The whole route, including the boat, is available for online booking. The trick is to book from Bellinzona to Lucerne, not from Lugano to Lucerne. Lugano to Bellinzona is a regular train and it does not need to be booked in advance. It’s free with your Swiss Travel Pass.

Now, in your case, these are the links you need to book through your local site in Brazil:

• Book the leg from ‘Bellinzona’ to ‘Luzern SGV WM Tell’ via raileurope.com.br#tab3. Be sure to fill out exactly these station names, or you will not get the Wilhelm Tell Express connection. Also select the Swiss Travel Pass, so that you only pay for the surcharge, not for the ride. The booking you make here is for 1st class. Since you will have a 2nd class Swiss Travel Pass, you will also need to buy an upgrade ticket to 1st class for this trip. You can do so at any station in Switzerland.
    • The Swiss Travel Pass can be purchased on the same website via raileurope.com.br/pass /swiss-pass-527. That’s cheaper than buying it in Switzerland.
    • You can also check here whether you can get an additional discount.

Delivery takes 5 business days so you’re still in time.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 April 2015 at 17:50:05 #842433

Many Thanks !!!

I did not know where to buy the upgrade. Now I’m more confident to travel. I probably will buy the pass in Switzerland to avoid the risk of it getting lost in the mail…and there is an holiday in 21/apr here. I will travel from 22/apr to 03/may.

Now it is time to pray for a good weather… 🙂 \°/

Max

Arno
    15484 posts
    13 April 2015 at 18:31:53 #842434

Glad I could help! I’m not sure which Swiss Travel Pass you intend to buy, but an 8-day pass, for example, is € 56 cheaper if you purchase it online in Brazil through the link given above. That’s per person.

If you don’t mind the price in Switzerland, then you can also purchase through the Swiss railways webshop at http://www.swissrailways.com. Their prices are the same as in Switzerland, but you can get your pass through e-mail so you can print it at home. That allows you to board your first train immediately rather than spending time on buying it locally.

All the purchase options are listed here.

In any case: I wish you the best of weather; have a pleasant trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 April 2015 at 19:58:25 #842435

I’m still trying to make the reservation. Apparently the site charges the ticket fare even selecting SWISS PASS…not only the reservation.

Do you think that there is really enough time to recieve the swiss pass by mail ? Can’t I print out this ticket (I’m willing to buy the 8-day pass for 2 persons), so I could save $$$ ?

I will arrive in Zurich, I believe that will be easy to buy the pass somewhere around there, just in case…?

Regards.

Arno
    15484 posts
    14 April 2015 at 6:22:47 #842436

Hi MaxBr,

The price looks correct to me. In Switzerland the trip would cost CHF 197 without any pass, or CHF 49 for people with a 1st class pass. The price includes two reservations (train + boat) and a lunch.

They don’t offer printable passes yet (will be offered in the coming months I think). Shipping will be done through Fedex in 5 working days. For peace of mind, you could contact them after ordering and provide them with your order number. They can provide more shipping details then.

In Zurich you can get the pass for the Swiss price at the rail station of the airport.

• The thread ‘Reserve Wilhelm Tell with a 2nd class SWISS PASS?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.