Itinerary help for 6 Days in Bernese Oberland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2017 at 10:47:40 #811204

Hi,

I am keen to receive your suggestions on my following itinerary for Swiss visit 30th May to 4th June.

30th May – Paris to Interlaken: Will start in the morning and planning to take Train from Paris CDG – Geneva and from Geneva to Interlaken.

31st May – Tour Jungfraujoch and Murren-Schilthorn: Route I thought is as follows

Interlaken Ost – Zweilütschinen – Lauterbrunnen

Lauterbrunnen – Grütschalp – Murren – Schilthorn

Back by: Schilthorn – Murren – Grütschalp – Lauterbrunnen

Lauterbrunnen – Wengen – Kleine Scheidegg – Jungfraujoch

Back by: Jungfraujoch to Kleine Scheidegg – Grindelwald – Wilderswil – Interaken Ost

Can I cover the same in a better route? / better way?

1st June – Morning: Boat-ride in Lake Thun / Lake Brienz

– Afternoon: Transfer to Lucerne (Can I take a Goldenpass train? Is it worth?)

2nd June – Boatride to Flüelen and take a Train back to Lucerne.

Stop at Vitznau to go to My Rigi. Vitznau – Rigi Klum – Wegis. And continue journey to Fluelen from Wegis.

In a ticket can I do this? Get down in between a journey and take later vessel, even from a different port?

What is the best route to return if a take a train back from Fluelen to Lucerne?

3rd June – Still undecided. Planning for Stanserhorn / Pilatus / both / anything better & different to do

Please suggest here.

4th June – Transfer to Milan from Lucerne.

Should I take a Rail pass, if yes then which one do you suggest? Also please advise, which part of the trip will not be fully covered under the pass and what extra should I incur?

Thanks a lot in advance for your kind help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2017 at 16:09:38 #860584

are you planing to see geneva or you just want to go to geneva to catch train to interlaken

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2017 at 16:40:46 #860585

Hi Pradyumna and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Your itinerary looks great and well-thought out!

June 1 – Interlaken to Luzern is a part of the Golden Pass route but it is the standard route everyone takes as well.

June 2 – Getting to Rigi has several options which can be read about here. If you return via Weggis you can take a bus then train back to Luzern (local German spelling) check schedules here.

June 3- Have a look at the activities you can do around Luzern here. Mt. Pilatus or Mt. Titlis are quite popular.

The best pass for you is the Swiss Travel Pass for sure. You can read through what is and isn't covered on the pass here.

Best regards,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 March 2017 at 7:31:27 #860586

Hi Rajikadinesh,

No I am not planning to See Geneva. I will catch train to Interlaken.

🙂

• The thread ‘Itinerary help for 6 Days in Bernese Oberland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.