Rhine Falls with Swiss Travel Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 April 2016 at 11:02:59 #808976

we would like to take a day trip to Rhine falls and stein am rhein from zurich.

if we have a swiss travel pass , are boat trips for rhine river crossing at falls , and trip from Schaffhausen to Stein am rhein inclded for free travel

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 April 2016 at 14:45:17 #851064

Hi Sulnata,

I just went to the Rhine Falls day before yesterday. The boat trips are not free with the Swiss Travel Pass: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/validity.

There are few types of boat rides (yellow boat lets you stop at the rock in the middle of the falls and climb up) and other ones that are only a round-trip. Charges vary from CHF 7.2 to CHF 10 or so (don’t recollect right now as we did not do the boat ride). Sitting by the falls on benches is very soothing and relaxing but remember this time around the cafe’s and boat rides close by 5pm.

For going to the Rhine, you can take a train from Schaffhausen to either :

1. Neuhausen Rheinfall OR

2. Schloss Laufen am Rheinfall

One station is to the north of falls and the other to the south (crossing the river). The train travel will be free with your Swiss Travel Pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 April 2016 at 17:16:58 #851065

Crossing river at rhine not free

But cruise from stein am rhein to schaffhausen is free i think. Am I right?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 April 2016 at 18:37:28 #851066

Yes… Should be (99% am sure).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2016 at 6:29:35 #851067

Thanks for your valueable information

Arno
    15484 posts
    24 April 2016 at 12:48:37 #851068

I can confirm that. The boats are free with a Swiss Travel Pass as long as they’re operated by the URH (Schweizerische Schifffahrtsgesellschaft Untersee und Rhein). There might be German boats too but they’re not covered.

• The thread ‘Rhine Falls with Swiss Travel Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.