Rhine Falls and Mt Rigi in one day from Zurich?

Rhine Falls and Mt Rigi in one day from Zurich?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
vineetyes
vineetyes
14 posts
Apr 1, 2016 - 6:29 AM

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to do these two excursions in a single day ?

We would be based in Zurich initially and plan to cover these two places in a single day.

We are planning to start our day from Zurich early i.e. around 8 am, and visit Rhine falls first, till about lunch time and than from there head to Mt Rigi via Art- goldau and spend the rest of the evening there and come back to Zurich around dinner time.

Till what times the cable cars/boats/cog wheel train operate in summer ( July ) at Mt. Rigi ?

Kind Regards

Vineet

GlobiTrotti
GlobiTrotti
26 posts
Apr 1, 2016 - 12:19 PM in reply to vineetyes

I would go first in the morning to the Mt. Rigi and in the afternoon to the Rhinefall. It's better for photography, because in the afternoon you have the sun backside. It's easy to visit both places in one day

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
2645 posts
expert
Apr 1, 2016 - 5:44 PM in reply to vineetyes

Hi Vineet-

I second what Globitrotti says, but for a different reason. Trains from the vicinity of the Rheinfall will run late into the evening.

On the Rigi, they stop coming down sooner, except for one trip near midnight for the workers at the hotels. Then, there are no connections at the bottom.

Pick your dates and use this timetable to check out timing.

www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Slowpoke

vineetyes
vineetyes
14 posts
Apr 2, 2016 - 2:36 AM in reply to Slowpoke

Thanks Guys for your advise, I will change the plan as suggested.....

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016