Rhine Falls and Mt Rigi in one day from Zurich?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 April 2016 at 6:29:26 #808777

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to do these two excursions in a single day ?

We would be based in Zurich initially and plan to cover these two places in a single day.

We are planning to start our day from Zurich early i.e. around 8 am, and visit Rhine falls first, till about lunch time and than from there head to Mt Rigi via Art- goldau and spend the rest of the evening there and come back to Zurich around dinner time.

Till what times the cable cars/boats/cog wheel train operate in summer ( July ) at Mt. Rigi ?

Kind Regards

Vineet

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 April 2016 at 12:19:49 #850156

I would go first in the morning to the Mt. Rigi and in the afternoon to the Rhinefall. It’s better for photography, because in the afternoon you have the sun backside. It’s easy to visit both places in one day

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    1 April 2016 at 17:44:38 #850157

Hi Vineet-

I second what Globitrotti says, but for a different reason. Trains from the vicinity of the Rheinfall will run late into the evening.

On the Rigi, they stop coming down sooner, except for one trip near midnight for the workers at the hotels. Then, there are no connections at the bottom.

Pick your dates and use this timetable to check out timing.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 April 2016 at 2:36:44 #850158

Thanks Guys for your advise, I will change the plan as suggested…..

• The thread ‘Rhine Falls and Mt Rigi in one day from Zurich?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.