The last train from the Rhine Falls to Luzern

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2017 at 5:28:56 #811760

Could anyone suggest the last train from Rhine falls to Luzern? Me and my wife are going to Rhine Falls this Monday at 5pm and want to stay as late as we can ( if possible until 9pm till sunset)then need to come back to hotel in Luzern but as per Sbb time and google map it shows the last transport leave schloss laufen station at 18:12 !!

is there any other way can we come. Back to Luzern late?

Thanks in advance for helping

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2017 at 8:07:26 #863091

>> Could anyone suggest the last train from Rhine falls to Luzern? Me and my wife are going to Rhine Falls this Monday at 5pm and want to stay as late as we can ( if possible until 9pm till sunset)then need to come back to hotel in Luzern but as per Sbb time and google map it shows the last transport leave schloss laufen station at 18:12 !!

is there any other way can we come. Back to Luzern late?

There are services up until 20:15 on Monday 15 May that will get you to Luzern. The later services involve getting a bus to Schaffhausen to connect with the train. You can check your options in the SBB timetable:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2017 at 12:01:10 #863092

That will be awesome. Thanks a lot. One more similar question:- how late can I stay in interlaken ost area? Same as before I need to come back to hotel in Luzern. And incase if I stay until 11 pm is there any way to come back to Luzern? Or do I need to find hotel in that area to stay? Please suggest if we get stucked somewhere at night what should be the best solution to come back to Luzern in Switzerland?

Arno
    15484 posts
    10 May 2017 at 12:10:12 #863093

Hi Shaah,

You’ll find all your options if you enter your departure and arrival town in the timetable Alpenrose gave you.

• The thread ‘The last train from the Rhine Falls to Luzern’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.