Rome-murren-luzern-paris

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 September 2013 at 4:07:30 #806165

hi! I’ll be travelling with my husband this September-October.

I’d like to know how I can get the cheapest ticket for the following route:
    Day 1: Rome to Murren
    Day 2 to 3: Tour Murren
    Day 4: Murren to Luzern
    Day 5: Tour Luzern
    Day 6: Luzern to Paris

I was wondering if I it’s cheaper if I get a Swiss Flexi pass but unsure in which route above I can use it.

I wanted to compute how much each trip would cost so I can compare it with the Swiss Flexi Pass but when I tried booking Luzerne to Paris Nord through sbb.ch, it doesn’t offer the option to deduct using the Swiss Flexi Pass. It also doesn’t push through. It says the ff:

“”Bookings are not possible for your journey. Possible reasons for this:
    – train is cancelled due to construction works
    – train is fully booked
    – the desired class is fully booked
    You have the following options:
    – Choose another connection.””

Thank you!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    4 September 2013 at 7:40:43 #839229

Hi travelwithhubby,

You can download the map from the Swiss Flexi Pass page. It shows exactly where it’s valid. For your trips outside Switzerland you just need to check the price to/from the point where the validity of the pass starts (as shown on the map). See here how to pick the right pass. Feel free to get back here if you have more questions. Please let us know your country of residence in that case.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 September 2013 at 8:39:35 #839230

country of residence: Philippines

Hi Arno!

Thanks for the link! But whenever I click on the link of the “overview of the network on which the swiss pass is valid”, PDF always fails to load.

Any other references for this?

Thank you!

Arno
    15482 posts
    4 September 2013 at 9:26:17 #839231

Hi,

I just tried, but the map is available. I think the problem might be caused by a limitation or problem in your webbrowser. Can you try this direct link? If that does not work for you, feel free to email us and I will attach the map in my reply.

• The thread ‘Rome-murren-luzern-paris’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.