Rome to Paris via train through the Alps

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 December 2014 at 17:04:58 #806744

My wife and I plan to go from Rome to Paris by train on April 28, 2015. I find many routes that we could take. We need to be in Paris at the end of the day on the 28th but we would like to have the most scenic trip possible. Any suggestions?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    2 December 2014 at 18:47:55 #841366

Hi bigbucbob,

Do you plan to complete this trip in one day? It’s 10 hour traveling at least, so that does not leave much room for a detour via a scenic route. If you only have one day, my preference would be Rome – Milan – Chiasso – Zurich – Paris, which includes part of the Wilhelm Tell Express route. If you have two days, you could include parts of the Bernina Express and Glacier Express route, e.g. Rome – Milan – Chiasso – Bellinzona – Chur (overnight) – Andermatt – Luzern/Zurich – Paris.

• The thread ‘Rome to Paris via train through the Alps’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.