Safe driving routes from Täsch to Zürich

• Matrix
    Participant
    5 posts
    10 December 2021 at 13:32:22 #826351

Hi there, I need advise on safer and better routes driving from Tasch to Zurich. I came to Tasch via kandersteg and take car train. Should I take the samw route back or other routes? Appreciate your tips and advise, thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    10 December 2021 at 19:08:47 #937809

Hi Matrix,

There are 3 possible routes.

1) Follow the same way you came and take the car train via Kandersteg.
    2) Go via Furka tunnel (car train between Oberwald and Realp), or
    3) Take the motorway all the way via Sion-Montreux-Bern.

If there’s heavy snow, I would recommend sticking to the motorways. You can check the traffic information here: http://www.myswissalps.com/car/trafficinfo

Regards,

Anna

Matrix
    Participant
    5 posts
    10 December 2021 at 21:15:08 #937810

Thank you Anna for your quick reply!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 December 2021 at 22:57:27 #937811

I recommend you go back the same way. Of the three possible routes I would say it is the best combination of well engineered roads and directness, plus you get a rest from driving during the car shuttle through the Lotschberg tunnel. The motorway route via Montreux is quite a long way round.

Matrix
    Participant
    5 posts
    11 December 2021 at 6:58:27 #937812

Noted that. Thank you 1960man! Yes, I will drive back the same route. Appreciate your feedback.

• The thread ‘Safe driving routes from Täsch to Zürich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.