Saver Pass confusion/ Berner Oberland regional pas

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 August 2014 at 15:57:35 #806559

My mother and I will be traveling for a week in late August and early September. I am looking at a Swiss Saver Pass as most of our traveling will be done together, but not always as she tires easily and I may like to go on my own for an afternoon. I have been researching the Saver Pass and am still confused as to whether I can have this pass and travel a little without my mother. The SBB website seems to say “yes” in their FAQ: “for example, taking a city excursion, day trip. But the travelling party must carry both (ticket and control voucher).” But I want confirmation before I buy the wrong pass.

Could I travel a little without my mother on a Saver Pass?

We will be arriving in Zurich and traveling to the Luzern area in Weggis for a couple of days. Then we plan on traveling through Brienz to the Berner Oberland. We plan to stay most of our trip in the area covered by the Berner Oberland regional pass, so I am debating on whether this is a good choice to purchase. We do plan to take a side trip to Vevey, which it seems that the Berner Oberland regional pass covers the trip to Montreux at 50%.

Of course, if we were to get the regional pass, we would probably not make the stops in Friburg and Murten on the way to and from Vevey.

Advice on which pass is the better purchase would be very welcome!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    4 August 2014 at 17:12:02 #840791

Hello amyeclair, welcome to our website,

A Swiss Saver Pass can also be used by you traveling alone. It is explained on our Swiss Pass page.

I think an 8-day Swiss Saver Pass would be perfect for your plans, since you list quite a few places that are not in the Bernese Oberland. It would be a shame to miss out on those, or pay more to get there with a regional pass that does not include them. Also, you can get a $50 discount on your Swiss Saver Pass if you order it in time as explained here. All in all, it’s the more attractive option for your plans.

Further prices and promotions are on the Swiss Pass page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 August 2014 at 21:32:07 #840792

Hello Arno, Thank you so very much for your help! I just ordered my Swiss Saver Passes today. Regards, Amy

• The thread ‘Saver Pass confusion/ Berner Oberland regional pas’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.