SBB mobile app registration error

• maxiegomez
    Participant
    2 posts
    20 August 2017 at 2:44:30 #813013

I’m new to this forum, so I hope this isn’t a dumb question!

I’ve used the SBB mobile app for iPhone on my trip to Switzerland last September, but was never able to register an account, so I could purchase rail tickets, but only look at schedules. I’m returning in September, and trying again to register an acct. No luck. I keep getting a pop up window that says “Registration failed. Input error: Invalid input data. I’m using a yahoo.com email address, a password with small letters,caps and a numeral.

So my question is: Do you have to have a Swiss email or something?

What could I be doing wrong?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    20 August 2017 at 2:55:23 #868626

Hello Maxie and welcome to MySwissAlps

When I did this earlier this year I first created an account using the SBB website then used the app to log on to that account. See http://www.sbb.ch/ticketshop/ b2c/register.do?sprache=en

Once I did this I had no problem purchasing tickets (or more specifically class upgrades) via the app.

I used a gmail account so don’t believe SBB would discriminate against yahoo.com.

maxiegomez
    Participant
    2 posts
    20 August 2017 at 3:34:41 #868627

Thank you, Rockoyster!! Worked like a charm!!!

• The thread ‘SBB mobile app registration error’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.