SBB timetable

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2013 at 8:46:28 #806069

It seems the SBB timetable has not been updated to show the bus from Le Chatelard to Chamonix. If traveling in August, when will the SBB time schedule be updated to show that the bus is making the transfer?

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2013 at 12:31:07 #838940

I will travel with the Swiss Pass. Can you help me with the following questions?

1)I will travel with the train from Basel SBB to Visp on 02.07.2013 at 16:59. From which platform in Basel the train will leave is not mentioned in the SBB Online-timetable. Do you know another way/another website to know it in advance without going to the train station?

2)I will travel with the bus from Visp Bahnhof sud to Saas Grund (and return) very often the following week. The buses mentioned in the SBB Online-timetable are with different numbers for different time. Do All the buses (with different numbers) with the same direction (for example direction Saas-Fee) go through the SAME route(I mean with the SAME intermediate stops)?

Is it the right way to find a bus on a certain time: look for the direction, don’t look at the busnr?

3)The SBB Online-timetable makes a good plan for ‘from Martigny to Le Châtelard-Frontière’. But for f’rom Le Châtelard-Frontière to Chamonix-Mont-Blanc’ is the plan with duration 7 hours 4 changes crazy. I haven’t seen the mont-blanc express mentioned in the plans. How can I see the mont-blanc express timetable? Is there an alternative train/bus to Chamonix-Mont-Blanc from either Martigny or Le Châtelard-Frontière with one or two changes?

Thank you in advance!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2013 at 13:18:58 #838941

Hello Diana.

You will leave from platform 9. But they have an app for mobile phone or tablet en there they mention the platform.
    We always use it.
    And it is for al sorts of transportation.

Have a nice holiday.

Miriam

Annika
    7124 posts
    17 June 2013 at 14:28:46 #838942

Hi familyof5 and Diana. As for the connection between Le Châtelard and Chamonix: during all summer, constructions works will prevent trains and buses from following the general timetable. There will be replacement buses having their own timetables, displayed at the train and bus stations. The SBB indicates these construction works too, but I guess they lack specific information as it concerns a French rail line, and therefore can’t incorporate this information in their timetable. Please check the general bus timetable for this line here, and the information of the French Railways TMRSA here. You might contact TMRSA for more details.

Annika
    7124 posts
    17 June 2013 at 14:33:35 #838943

Hi Diana. Concerning your other questions: the SBB is the right website. Don’t worry if a platform number isn’t displayed here: there are large monitors at the railway station showing all leaving trains including platform numbers. Yes, the buses to Saas-Fee Bus Terminal follow the same route. You can check this by clicking the plus symbol in the SBB timetable, and then ‘Show intermediate stops’.

Annika
    7124 posts
    23 June 2013 at 13:18:48 #838944

Hi Diana and familyof5. I just checked the SBB timetable, and it now seems to indicate the complete journey including the replacement bus between Le Châtelard and Argentière.

• The thread ‘SBB timetable’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.