Scenic rail one day trip from Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 July 2016 at 19:37:29 #809783

Hi,

I have one extra day in Interlaken and was thinking to take one of the scenic Swiss trains. My preference was to take Bernina Express however I believe it will be a long trip with kids from Interlaken. What options do we have? out of the below 5? I want to be back the same day but not too late as I will be heading back to my home country by next day around noon.

1. Bernina Express, 2. The Glacier Express, 3. Golden Pass, 4. Chocolate Train, 5. Wilhelm Tell Express

your help will really be appreciated.

Regards,

Dar

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7122 posts
    31 July 2016 at 11:39:34 #854698

Hi Dar!

The Golden Pass definitely makes most sense, as it actually crosses Interlaken. The other routes are quite far off. Studying our train ride pages (http://www.myswissalps.com/ac tivities/scenictrips/t rain) combined with the timetable (http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) will help you find details and allow you to decide which routes make sense and which don’t.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 July 2016 at 11:50:41 #854699

Thank you so much Arno and Annika for all your help!

Regards

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 July 2016 at 23:45:21 #854700

Hi Arno & Annika,

I have booked our Swiss travel passes online. I was trying to reserve/book my trip to Jungfraujoch before hand however I do not find the option on SBB Swiss train website. It is giving me 3 stretches, one from Interlaken to Lauterbrunnen then another train from Luterburnnen to Kleine Scheidegg and finally Kline Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch but no option to reserve or purchase tickets online. please guide me if there is anyway I could book my trip for Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn online. Your help will really be appreciated.

Regards,

Dar

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 August 2016 at 8:49:42 #854701

Hi Dar,

Pre booking these trips is optional, not required. You’ll find all details and booking links on the below pages. You do not need the SBB website for this.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 August 2016 at 9:05:01 #854702

Hi Dar

I wouldn’t book these trips in advance as you can’t be sure the weather will be suitable until day before you want to go. We never plan more than a day ahead for this reason and still get caught out sometimes!

Maggie

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 August 2016 at 11:35:56 #854703

Thank you so much I really appreciate all your help!

• The thread ‘Scenic rail one day trip from Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.