Seat reservation in Gotthard Express

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2017 at 22:53:43 #811526

Hello Everybody,

I am going to Switzerland on 28th April and bought a 4 day Swiss Travel Pass. I would like to travel in train from Flüelen to Göschenen via Gotthard Express on Sunday 30th April. I can see that train leaves at 14:10 from Flüelen. I have 2 queries:

1) How to reserve the seats online. I tried on sbb.ch but did not get only seat reservation option.

2) I am thinking to do complete route from Lucern to Interlaken. First from Flüelen to Göschenen via Gotthard Express and then taking normal train from Andermatt to Brig to Interlaken. Should I miss the Gotthard Express and travel early from Lucern to reach interlaken by 20:00 or 21:00 hrs?

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2017 at 6:24:19 #862066

Hi maheshladdha and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. You can make the seat reservations here.
    2. I’m not sure I understand how or why taking an earlier train will not get you to Interlaken until 20:00?

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2017 at 19:45:13 #862067

Thanks Lukas, Yes I am getting a connectio.n which is reaching to Interlaken at 18:57

• The thread ‘Seat reservation in Gotthard Express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.