Select Swiss 5 transfer Card or 5 Days Swiss Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 March 2014 at 11:10:17 #806262

Hi,

Me and my husband are travelling to Switzerland in the mid of May and I have confusion of deciding between Swiss 5 transfer card or 5 Days Swiss Flexi Pass for my Itinerary . Different Agents say differently.

My Itinerary:

Day 1 : Zurich Airport to Interlaken

Day 2 : Interlaken – Jugfraujoch and back to Interlaken for the stay

Day 3 : Interlaken to Lucerne

Day 4 : Lucerne -. Titlis and back to Lucerne

Day 5 : Lucerne to Zurich and stay at Zurich

Day 6: Departure from Zurich at night and I have full day here

With the Swiss 5 transfer card , is my 2 mountain excursions are covered ? Will I able to use bus / tram/ boat in this case. Is Rhine falls is included in this?

What is the advantage if I go for a swiss pass ?

I will do only 2 mountain excursion and like to spend leisure time by visiting local villages etc

Please any one can suggest which is best for me.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    22 March 2014 at 11:35:32 #839610

Hi Mehala,

Actually, from a price point, a Swiss Half Fare Card may be the best deal here. It provides 50% off all trips. Most of your trips are not very long, so you do not need a pass for free traveling on such days. A Swiss Half Fare Card would require you to purchase tickets for each trip. I you find that inconvenient, a 5-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass would be the best choice. I don’t know what a Swiss 5 Transfer Card is. It’s not a regular Swiss Travel System pass. It may be a customized travel pass, but you would have to ask the travel agent what exactly is included.

To find the cheapest overall travel expenses, just follow these instructions. As said, I think the Swiss Half Fare Card will be the cheapest in your case. Click the pass links I gave you to find all pass details (prices, what’s included, how they work).

• The thread ‘Select Swiss 5 transfer Card or 5 Days Swiss Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.