Senior Traveling Texans

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2015 at 16:21:55 #807235

We will be a party of 4 seniors traveling from Frankfurt airport to Lusanne on 7-25, staying in Lausanne for 3 nites

taking various boat/train excursions, traveling to Wengen on 7-28, and then traveling on to Basel on 7-31 to catch our river cruise ship. Can you please give me some direction on the best rail passes and how to order and obtain them. Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    17 May 2015 at 9:30:20 #843136

Hi Dickeytl, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Which pass is best, depends on your exact itinerary. I don’t know what trips you plan to make during your stays in Lausanne and Wengen, so it’s a bit hard to say right now. Here are some general options: if you’ll be traveling intensively, an 8 day Swiss Travel Pass will be the most convenient option. If you plan to make short local trips mainly, it might be better to look into ​the Swiss Half Fare Card. Just click the price tabs on each of the pass pages for information on where and how to order.

These guidelines on how to pick the right pass will probably be helpful. I think you’ll have to do some calculations in order to find out which pass is most economical for the trips you have in mind.

• The thread ‘Senior Traveling Texans’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.