Separate tickets if stop at Lauterbrunnen/Murren?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2016 at 17:54:40 #808796

hi

I am trying to get some prices for the tickets (so I can compare which pass to buy). For trips to Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn- does the ‘return ticket prices’ allow you to explore the stops i.e Murren or Lauterbrunnen or Wengen on our way up/down (for a couple of hours) ? Or do we have to buy separate tickets for that?

thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

kim11
    Participant
    604 posts
    3 April 2016 at 20:22:02 #850237

Yes. Tickets are valid for an entire journey regardless of time or specific train/gondola/etc. So you can, for example, visit Schilthorn then hop off the gondola when it comes back down to Mürren and spend as much time there as you like before proceeding on.

You could even go back down from Mürren to Stechelberg on the gondola then bus to Lauterbrunnen or take the train from Mürren to Grütschalp then the gondola from there down to Lauterbrunnen. Same ticket.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2016 at 20:47:28 #850238

Thanks Kim!

• The thread ‘Separate tickets if stop at Lauterbrunnen/Murren?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.