Hotels Lucerne Interlaken Zurich September

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 January 2013 at 22:38:34 #805766

We will be arriving in Lucerne, in September then going onto Interlarken, then Zurich.

I would appreciate any advice i can get about Accommodation, what to Wear, and an other suggestions you may have

The Accommodation is for Two Older Single People so either a Twin Room or 2 Single Rooms will be fine in Lucerne, If we could get something that is clean for 140CHF great for the twin. We must be close to the Train Station in walking distance of it if at all possible

In interlarken, We would like an Apartment for 2 Nights also close to the Train Station 140CHF a Night

I read they have Two Stations in Interlarken, if so which one would you suggest would be better for us

As to the Weather what is it like in early September.

In Zurich, just One Night close to Train Station Twin or Single Room

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    23 January 2013 at 0:08:09 #837964

Hi Margaret, welcome to MySwissAlps!

Did you check the hotel pages for suggestions? They specifically focus on hotels close to the rail stations, and relatively cheap ones are included as well. Here are the links:

The stations in Interlaken are called West and Ost. Ost offers more direct connections, West is a bit more centrally located. You can see it on the map on the page I linked to.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 January 2013 at 3:43:43 #837965

Even i am planning for a 2night & 3 days trip to Switzerland and will reach there on 30th March and will leave on evening of 1st April-2013 and i’m lanning for a trip to 1st Interlaken ,Jungfrau then lucerne Engelberg and leaving from Zurich on 1st of April. Have some queries regarding how and from where to get Swiss Flexi pass, what is the train fare per person from Interlaken to jangfrau and how much discount i’ll be getting with Swiss Flexi pass as i’m an Indian.

Arno
    15484 posts
    24 January 2013 at 6:14:56 #837966

Hello rajagilent,

Please check our forum rules before posting: double posts are not allowed; I had to remove them. Also we request to open a topic of your own rather than adding to an unrelated topic of someone else. You can download a network map with discount details of the Swiss Flexi Pass from here, and information about regular fares can be found here, and at the website of the Jungfrau railways. I hope this gets you started!

[quote]rajagilent said: Even i am planning for a 2night & 3 days trip to Switzerland and will reach there on 30th March and will leave on evening of 1st April-2013 and i’m lanning for a trip to 1st Interlaken ,Jungfrau then lucerne Engelberg and leaving from Zurich on 1st of April. Have some queries regarding how and from where to get Swiss Flexi pass, what is the train fare per person from Interlaken to jangfrau and how much discount i’ll be getting with Swiss Flexi pass as i’m an Indian.[/quote]

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 January 2013 at 19:11:51 #837967

Hello Margaret. We’ve always started our holiday in Switzerland by having a night in Zurich. We’ve stayed each time at a hotel 5 min. from the main train station.It’s called Limmathof. The address is Limmatquai 142. Check out the price, I think that it will be in your price range. Basic hotel but clean.
    We(my son and I) shared a twin room. Very lively and interesting area of Zurich.
    Regards, Irene

• The thread ‘Hotels Lucerne Interlaken Zurich September’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.