Shaping itinery for swiss tour

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 March 2013 at 8:08:44 #805873

hello moderator,
    i must start off by thanking u for all the feedback this site offers promptly.
    i will b in interlaken for a week n i intend doing jungfrau, schilthorn, tummelbach falls, mt titlis, montreaux, berne, zermatt,harderkulm,ebike tour of interlaken, n then proceed to zurich where we will stay for 4 days when we visit the rhine falls, lucern, lugano , n do a tour choclate n cheese in zurich……since both me n my hubby are 50+, i feel at times if this seems very ambitious, do i need to make changes, if so what can i skip …..
    i will b taking a 15 day second class swiss saver pass, can i upgrade some journeys like montreaux, lugano to first class n how do i do that, can i do reservation of seat after i reach interlaken , n how do i do that,as i m finding it difficult to do the reservation online….
    what will the weather b like in june 6th to 17th……i must have enquired earlier but i cant trace the answer….
    will b highly obliged,…….thanking u in anticipation
    Ash.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    26 March 2013 at 9:30:12 #838294

Hi nikita123,

You are most welcome! We’re glad to help.

What to skip is a matter of personal preferences. I would skip the ebike tour since you’ll see better scenery during your other trips. And possible skip one of the longer trips if you think that takes too much time. There’s lots to see nearby so there’s no need to travel long distances every day.

The weather has been discussed here.

Yes, you can upgrade your journeys to 1st class if you have a 2nd class Swiss Pass. Just visit a manned rail station, show your pass, and ask for an upgrade ticket to 1st class for the trip you intend to make. You don’t need to book seats, except for some panoramic trains, as explained here.

To pay for your pass in rupees, please visit this website as discussed in this topic.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 March 2013 at 14:02:44 #838295

thanks for the feedback,
    my long trips are interlaken – montreux, interlaken- zermatt, zurich -lugano, which one shud i skip, can u suggest some alternatives,
    is it more convenient to go to mt titlis from zurich, since it takes 1 hr more from interlaken…….please suggest

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 March 2013 at 14:05:19 #838296

i have been to first barn, grindelwald,ballenberg museum, on cruise across brienz…

Arno
    15484 posts
    26 March 2013 at 14:17:44 #838297

Hi,

In that case you could consider to skip the day trip to Zermatt. It is beautiful there, but traveling to Zermatt from Interlaken is a long trip and you’d leave one magificent mountainous region to see another. Montreux and Lugano are in the south of Switzerland and have a different atmosphere than the other places on your list such as Zurich and Interlaken, so it makes less sense to skip those if you want some variety.

I would recommend not to make such fixed plans. Just take along a list of possible day trips and make further decisions while in Switzerland. You can just do what you feel like and what the weather allows. That’s the advantage of having a Swiss Pass: you’re flexible. If the weather is great for the Titlis, you can visit it from either Zurich or Interlaken. The forum and the rest of this website offer many ideas, here and here for example.

• The thread ‘Shaping itinery for swiss tour’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.