“Shipping”?? when I try to purchase Swiss Pass…

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 June 2012 at 11:39:48 #805394

Hello – I’m leaving for Europe next week and I went online at http://www.swisstravel system.com to buy the pass and I just assumed it was an online voucher or printout – however, when I go through the process it starts talking about “shipping”.
    What exactly are they shipping ?? because there is precious little in the way of explanation about what exactly the physical form of the pass actually is. Obviously I don’t want to be surprised AFTER the point where I provide my credit card number!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    23 June 2012 at 15:55:52 #836505

Hi bosboy73,

Although I don’t know what exactly is being explained at the website you mentioned, all resellers will physically ship Swiss rail passes. There are no printouts. I would recommend to visit our rail pass pages. They list exactly what resellers are relevant to you, including buying in Switzerland and including shipping options and express shipping if available. I hope this clarifies things!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 June 2012 at 19:03:22 #836506

Thanks Arno. I looked at your website and was able to find more info on shipping from the raileurope website which is one of the vendors listed for this product.

But I was wondering, does anyone know if the http://www.raileurope. com website charges foreign transaction currency conversion fees for using a credit card? It shows prices in US$ but I couldn’t determine if the price is charged in CHF or EUR.

Arno
    15471 posts
    24 June 2012 at 4:52:03 #836507

Hi bosboy73,

Raileurope.com will charge in US dollars. If you click “show more information” for any reseller on our pass pages, you’ll see in what currency they’ll charge you and what exchange rates applies in case you selected a different currency on our page. The exchange rates are just informational though, you’ll be charged in the currency used by the reseller; US dollars in this case. Are you looking for payment in a different currency?

• The thread ‘“Shipping”?? when I try to purchase Swiss Pass…’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.