Short term passes ?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 September 2011 at 15:42:52 #804694

i will be traveling to interlaken quite soon and looking for the best and cheapest way to travel from zurich to interlaken..
    is it feasable to purchase a 1 2 or 3 year half fare card..or is there a special cheap pass that will allow me and my wife to travel 1 journey from zurich to interlaken and 1 journey back same route within 7 /10 days please ??

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    12 September 2011 at 9:23:37 #834192

Hello fishermanrob. No, a 1 year Half Fare Card Travelcard isn’t a good choice for these two journeys made within 7 to 10 days (unless of course you plan to return to Switzerland within a year and make further trips then). If all you need for your upcoming stay in Interlaken is the trip Zurich-Interlaken-Zurich, you’re best off buying regular train tickets. If you want to make some other trips during your stay as well, you can best consider the monthly Swiss Half Fare Card.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 September 2011 at 14:45:00 #834193

we maybe about to purchase a caravan in interlaken,so was wondering about the feasability of the credit card pass,, it doesnt seem to show a reduction for 3 years,but it is cheaper to buy for one year than a years normal pass,
    what would you advise ??

Annika
    7124 posts
    13 September 2011 at 11:18:07 #834194

Hi fishermanrob. In that case you can best pick one of the passes I advised about in your previous topic. The Half Fare Travelcard combined with the credit card seems to be meant for Swiss residents only (allowing them to use this credit card when traveling abroad). But you can check with the SBB of course if it’s also available to non-Swiss residents.

• The thread ‘Short term passes ?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.