Buy a Swiss Travel Pass for 2 days in Lucerne?

• ApplePie
    Participant
    7 posts
    21 October 2016 at 13:51:13 #810268

I will be travelling to Lucerne next year March 2017. Will arrive Basel and directly travel to Lucerne by Train. I will staying there for 2 days. Which Swiss Train Travel Pass should i buy? Which one fit my itinerary? I want to go Mt Pilatus or Mt Rigi.

Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    21 October 2016 at 14:17:44 #856720

Hi ApplePie, welcome to MySwissAlps!

There are 3 passes to consider:

• 3-day Swiss Travel Pass: everything except Mount Pilatus is included (it is 50% off). Most museums are free as well.
    • 2-day Tell-Pass: everything around Lucerne is included except for museums. Your trip from Basel is not included either.
    • Swiss Half Fare Card: 50% off everything. Museums are not included.

If you want to calculate the price difference you can read these instructions.

ApplePie
    Participant
    7 posts
    21 October 2016 at 14:32:19 #856721

Thank you Arno for replying…

will be arriving on 17th mac in Basel and 19th Mac fly back from zurich……my itineraryin Luzern is Mt Pilatus/Rigi priority, all the cogwheels, boat, gondola, bus, train is free , right?

Regards..

Arno
    15484 posts
    21 October 2016 at 15:04:41 #856722

Hi ApplePie,

The “Where it’s valid” section of each of the pass pages explains about the area of validity. There’s a map too.

• The thread ‘Buy a Swiss Travel Pass for 2 days in Lucerne?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.