Should we make reservations for Mt Titlis?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 August 2017 at 12:58:51 #812885

We will be staying in Zurich in Sept for 3 days and would like to visit Mt Titlis. Can we make reservations ahead of time to avoid standing in line? If so can we cancel and get refunded if for some reason we can not go on that date. I haven’t really been able to find anything out about this anywhere else. Hoping someone who has been there can advise me.

Thank You

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 August 2017 at 16:49:59 #868038

Hi Kawag and welcome to MySwissAlps!

No, reservations aren’t made for Mt. Titlis. Generally when they are offered refunds aren’t available anyway so it isn’t a good idea. Plans change and so does the weather – make sure the weather looks good before buying tickets.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 August 2017 at 17:05:38 #868039

Thank you Lucas.

Swissophile
    Participant
    26 posts
    9 August 2017 at 14:26:30 #868040

Hi Kawag, Just a word of warning, this can be very, very popular. When we went, there were 60 coaches in the car park, with scores of people waiting for the first-stage gondola. Although we had Tell Passes (Lake Lucerne Regional Passes) we still had to queue for individual tickets for Titlis and then join the queue for the gondola. We queued for over an hour – this was around ten am. In spite of all that, it was worth it! I hope you enjoy your trip.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 August 2017 at 17:06:27 #868041

Thank you for your reply. I guess there is no way than to avoid waiting in long lines?

Swissophile
    Participant
    26 posts
    10 August 2017 at 13:35:06 #868042

None that I know of. It may be best to go slightly later in the day if that is possible to avoid the worst of the crowds. I think the coaches all seem to arrive around the same time – at least, they did the day we went, so slightly earlier or later might crack it. Good luck.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 August 2017 at 13:39:49 #868043

Thanks Glaysknight, I am so excited to be going, can’t wait!

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    11 August 2017 at 1:38:14 #868044

Hi Kawg-

The crowds are heaviest in August. You may be better off in September.

If I were doing it, I’d try to go up by cog rail train from Alpnachstad. Each train can hold many dozens of people, depending on how many cars they add for crowds. You can see a train in the old photo of Alpnachstad. Even If they have only one car, they still carry a lot of people

Stunning ride . See attached.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Should we make reservations for Mt Titlis?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.