Sightseeing in Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 December 2014 at 6:01:32 #806767

Hi there

I will be spending 3 days in Interlaken at the end of February 2015. I’m wondering if I should visit Jungfarujoch or Schilthorn. What is the main difference between these 2 tourist attractions?

I understand that the weather can determine if tourists can still visit these locations. Would you suggest that we buy tickets in advance? I’m concerned that I may not be able to get tickets if I buy them when I get to interlaken.

It seems like the point to point tickets from interlaken ost to Jungfrau or schilthorn are quite expensive. Would you suggest buying a swiss pass to enjoy 50% on these tickets? Are cable car rides covered under the swiss pass as well?

Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    23 December 2014 at 15:03:29 #841424

Hi prislau1,

Sorry for the late reply! The pages below explain all about Schilthorn and Jungfraujoch, so you can see the differences there and pick the one that appeals to you:

There is no need to buy tickets in advance. With a Swiss Travel Pass, you will get free traveling up to Mürren (that includes the cable car). From there, there’s a 50% discount on the Schilthorn cable car. For a trip up to Jungfraujoch you will get free traveling to Grindelwald and Wengen, and 25% discount from there. See here for all about the pass and what’s included. See here for how to pick the best pass.

• The thread ‘Sightseeing in Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.